What's new

The Ultimate X-Mas Gift .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeJohnDude

What are some people getting for christmas ? Some don`t celebrate , but still . What are you getting ? I wanna know , for real , how PJ64 would act if it had a Geforce 3 Ti 500 ......

Would it run super good ? With the latest drivers ?

Would it matter if you had a slow computer ? Would it make the games jump from 20 fps - 60 fps ????

Say your computer was a P2 Celeron 433 mhz ....
Could you get playable Speed ?

I would really like to know .....

ps.I`m not getting it for X-mas , just wondering....... ;)

Jfletcher

Well, the Geforce 3 I have is one step below the Ti 500.
I upgraded from a Voodoo 3 3000 and didn't receive much of a FPS boost since the processor is the main factor in Framerate.

Ganonboy

I cant be bothered to mess with the 3D-cards, so insted I'm getting an athlonXP1.7ghz based PC built for me, its really the processor that needs updating, Ive tried everything to make my 500mhz PIII work better, but in the end, its still as crap as ever, even with 320megs of RAM!!???

bodie

nice system. my pentium3 866 system copes well with most games but perfect dark has left me feeling slightly underpowered..

Witten

Emulator Developer
Ganonboy, Athlon XP 1.7GHz won't be released before Xmas, not even newyear.

You prolly mean AthonXP 1700+ which runs at 1467MHz, the unreleased AthlonXP 2000+ runs at 1666MHz!

MTC001

Yes but the Athlon is still the fastest cpu on earth even tough the p4 may have 0,5ghz more it's still slower :cool:

Tesla-Guy

erm... Athlon XP 1700+ means that this proccesor is faster than a P4 @ 1700MHz. It's done from AMD to confuse stupid ppl.

Tesla-Guy said:
erm... Athlon XP 1700+ means that this proccesor is faster than a P4 @ 1700MHz. It's done from AMD to confuse stupid ppl.

i dont care what any wintel fanboy says AMD kicks ass reduced IPC for higher clock rates is just such a cheating way of making a chip to market and market alone... if my 1.2ghz can do an instruction in 5 passes and a p4 takes 9 at 1.5ghz which will be faster hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.