What's new

HELP 1964 w/Goldeneye (not the 'no sky' problem) weird graphics

samsunnyuk

Hi heres a couple of screen shots of goldeneye on 1964

as you can see very strange. it works ok in PJ64 though. im using Rice Video 6.1.1 beta 10. My gfx card is GeForce MX420.

Any Help Thanks

albfxp

Hey Friend.
I had the same problem firs time i was trying to emulate Goldenye.
I will try to help!
You will use 1964 0.99
and try to use same Video Plug In: Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10
For me work ok.
And for you?

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
First off, you claim it works great in Project64, and not in 1964. Are you also using Rice's Video in Project64 or Jabo's? It could be just Rice's Plugin and your graphics card aren't getting along well. You may also want to consider updating your graphics card drivers if you haven't in awhile, and downloading directx9.0 if you are still on 8.1 or lower.

OP
S

samsunnyuk

hi im using rice's plugin in 1964, i updated my gfx card drivers it made a change but not too good lol take a look:

(in that second shot the man is there but i just killed him)

:huh:

Clements

You need to experiment with the OpenGL/DirectX renderers and combiner modes for each. Normally the default works, but not for everybody. You may get better results with the OpenGL renderer.

OP
S

samsunnyuk

aha got it working better now, i just have this problem now when you get hit or press start

cant see how much life you have...

OP
S

samsunnyuk

hmm I was only using 1964 because i couldnt config my controller in pj64, but i just fixed that problem so im going to use pj64 from now on, seems better than 1964- the games run better. Although i like 1964's gui.... oh well

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Hi samsunnyuk, use these settings in 1964's Emu, its the best way to play Goldeneye. You know that in PJ64 you'll get no sky(i hate this)...

Emulator: 1964 v0.99(to get it click on the 1964 smilie in my Sig)

Video: Rice's Video 6.1.1(to get it Click HERE)
(If you have both BMGLibPNG.dll & BMGlib.dll, put them in the 1964 main directory, where the 1964.exe is)

Audio: schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2(you'll get it when you'll install 1964)

RSP: RSP Emulation Plugin Made by: Jabo and Zilmar(Attachement REMOVED)

Now, you said that you've updated your graphic card, but how about DirectX? you didn't say if you've updated it, so just to be sure go HERE & updated it, if you've already have it, it doesn't matter it will be updated anyway.

Everything should be ok now.

Good Luck & Have Fun!

EDIT: The Attachement of PJ64's RSP has been Removed & WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTED SEPARATLY IN THE FUTUR BY ME. Except this once(which after verifying my attachement manager it has not been downloaded), it has not been distributed separatly by me.

Last edited:

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
I don't mean to impose, but I think taking anything from the emulator and redistributing it seperately is against the PJ64 policy.

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
RJARRRPCGP, the config that i've given has been confirm by many others, so yours will have to be confirmed by others. I'm not saying that its not good, it has to be confirm by more than one, thats all.

Ill try Rice's 5.50b2 & get back to you...

EDIT:
I've tried Rice's 5.50b2, the result are not bad but not as good as with Rice's 6.1.1, i get some slow down with 5.50b2, my FPS get low as 30/34 FPS in some points then it goes back at 60/63 FPS, which with 6.1.1 i don't experience.

Here is the specs of what i tried:

Emulator: 1964 v0.99

Video: Rice's Video 5.5.0b2 <---------------|
Audio: schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2

RSP: RSP Emulation Plugin Made by: Jabo and Zilmar

Anyone care to confirm that Rice's 5.5.0b2 gets low FPS but good graphics in general, go a head.

I'll stick with my previous statement.

Emulator: 1964 v0.99

Video: Rice's Video 6.1.1
(If you have both BMGLibPNG.dll & BMGlib.dll, put them in the 1964 main directory, where the 1964.exe is)

Audio: schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2

RSP: RSP Emulation Plugin Made by: Jabo and Zilmar

Last edited:

GE Master

Furio thanks for the great info on your posts. I've never used the RSP plugin before....not sure what it does in fact!

Anyways, I've retried the mentioned plugins here in this thread. I done quite a lot of GoldenEye emulation over the years. Perhaps I need to clear the registry on my computer, but for me, nothing is better for GoldenEye than Rice's 5.5.1. Temple walls are fixed, Cradle looks fine in multiplayer and the trees and sky are in the surface. I believe what you guys are saying, but I can't seem to get the others to work properly. Honestly though, the many versions of Rice's plugins has confused my directories somewhat...but again, 5.5.1 seems to be the one for me.

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Your Welcome GE Master.

I've never used the RSP plugin before....not sure what it does in fact!
As far my knowledge goes in that matter, basicaly, the RSP(Reality Signal Processor) is a way of emulation(basicaly), either LLE(low level emulation) or HLE(high level emulation).

It have options to either send "display"(video) lists to the Video Plugins(like Rice5.5.1) or "audio" lists to the Audio Plugins & to RSP plugin to actually be emulated properly.

Anyway, i'm not a Programmer like Jabo/Rice/Hacktarux...
They are the real pro, so they can explain what it fully does better than I.

To me, it helps the emulation process, for some games but not all games, thats all i know.

for me, nothing is better for GoldenEye than Rice's 5.5.1. Temple walls are fixed, Cradle looks fine in multiplayer and the trees and sky are in the surface.
Hey, maybe your on to something...
I've just downloaded the Rice's 5.5.1 plugin, i'll try it out & i'll tell you my thoughts on it later.

the many versions of Rice's plugins has confused my directories somewhat
TIPS:
Back up all the plugins (& their dll in the main 1964 directory) that you want to keep(Audio & Video).

Then, uninstall 1964 completly(if the main folder is still there, delete it).

Re-install 1964.

Do a back up of the plugins(& their dll in the main 1964 directory), yes again, but in a different folder this time.

After that, delete all the VIDEO plugins(only) & their DLL(which you've just back up) in the main 1964 directory.

Now, put one video plugins & try to play Goldeneye, see what it does. Not happy, delete this plugin(& his dll, if it applies), try another one & so on.

Good Luck & Have Fun!