What's new

Tools for Coding

Brokic

God
Just to know, what are the tools/software needed to start programming a basic emulator? lets say a gb o nes emulator(I think these two are the easiest ones to code as I've read in some threads)

mesman00

What's that...?
umm, well the first tool... is experience. if its an emulator you're looking to program and have no experience, you have some things to learn. first, start learning c++. good tutorials can be found online, or you can buy a book and learn that way. once you feel you have a pretty good grasp on that, you can start learning the windows api (unless you want to write your emulator for dos, but that is uncommon these days). once you feel you have a good grasp on that, start reading up on docs for the console you want to emulate. Then, you can start writing the actual emulator. but beware, it is not a piece of cake!

bjz

I am afraid i will have to sick my buddy Quvack on you Zero if you post trash like that in here again. The only thing Zophars domain is good for is laughing at and thinking about when u are taking a shit.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
ZD hasn't just started dieing, they started that quite a while ago. See what I call ZD is a news page with old news. They go around to other sites and copy news, but give no credit. Also swampy isn't the original owner of ZD and we... I'm not going to get into that, just know that ZD is an ezil vial place where those who like to use/abuse/cheat/steal reside.