What's new

XBox vs. PS2 vs. Gamecube

Shane O Mac

Xbox Sux!

PS2 Is da best! it beats gamecube and xbox! would u rather have an xbox with all these unknown game titles or would u play a ps2 with sick games! like metal gear solid 2 smackdown just bring it and crash bandicoot. why waste ur money on a xbox when ps2 is da best!

Re: Xbox Sux!

Shane O Mac said:
PS2 Is da best! it beats gamecube and xbox! would u rather have an xbox with all these unknown game titles or would u play a ps2 with sick games! like metal gear solid 2 smackdown just bring it and crash bandicoot. why waste ur money on a xbox when ps2 is da best!

why have false loyalty to such a ficle industry? have you ever played anything on the xbox? at least its being origional... look at the ps2's killer apps and tell me if youve played them before somewhere... GT3,GTA3,SD3jbi,MGS2... and so on

Jfletcher

:lookaway: :lookaway: :lookaway: The more competition the better the games. I could care less if it's made by M$. I love XP (Not one crash in 2 months!!)

OP
S

Shane O Mac

Xbox still sux

Are the original games good?? i bet not. WWF raw is war on xbox looks crap and they walk funny n that while on WWF: JBI on ps2 its all properly made with more things in it than the xbox

jaggy

Re: Xbox still sux

Shane O Mac said:
Are the original games good?? i bet not. WWF raw is war on xbox looks crap and they walk funny n that while on WWF: JBI on ps2 its all properly made with more things in it than the xbox

It's nice to see that your basing your judgement on such profound facts :lookaway:

I don't mean any offense if it isn't the case, so pardon if it isn't, but you sure sound like a fanboy to me.

bodie

i have always loved all things sony .but you have to tip your hat to microsofts x-box , some of the movies i have seen from the games beggars belief ..the detail in most of them is simply amazing ,and you have to remember this the first generation of games for the system ..sony does have some great games like GT3/SSX/JAX & DAXTER/TIME CRISIS 2 and will always do well because it's got a loyal following and a huge user base .but those x-box graphics are something else.and no jaggies too:)..
bodie

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I sure hope this guy isn't serious. I've got no problem with people liking whatever system they want, but saying the others are crap with such weak explanations is just stupid. 'Oh, I've heard of these games so they must be good'. What about when the PSX first started out? Was Crash crap then because you'd never heard of him? And by the way, Crash is coming to both Xbox and GC, and MGSX is going to Xbox.

blizz

bodie said:
some of the movies i have seen from the games beggars belief ..the detail in most of them is simply amazing ,and you have to remember this the first generation of games for the system

all developers could do that given time money and power, especially the big ones on the PS2, the Gamecube can do that too (and if you've seen the ghost effects in Luigis Mansion you know what I mean), it certainly is powerful enough, and members of Team Ninja (the guys who did DOA3) think so too.

jaggy

blizz said:

all developers could do that given time money and power, especially the big ones on the PS2, the Gamecube can do that too (and if you've seen the ghost effects in Luigis Mansion you know what I mean), it certainly is powerful enough, and members of Team Ninja (the guys who did DOA3) think so too.

That's just it, in all three cases the systems DO have the power, but it's all in how the developers use that power. In that sense, the gamecube and the xbox have an advantage over the ps2, because of ease of development.

But in the end it all falls down to the games a system has, however hard or easy they were to make, and as I see at the moment one can't go wrong with either console.

TheWizard112

sorry......

sorry but gamecube is far better then the xbox and ps2. the gba in only a few months has even sold more then the ps2 has in a year and a half. i personally see nothing for either the xbox or ps2 that makes me wish i had one. gamecube on the other hand is coming out with many titles that i am looking forward to.

jaggy

Re: sorry......

TheWizard112 said:
sorry but gamecube is far better then the xbox and ps2. the gba in only a few months has even sold more then the ps2 has in a year and a half. i personally see nothing for either the xbox or ps2 that makes me wish i had one. gamecube on the other hand is coming out with many titles that i am looking forward to.

That's just fine and dandy that your opinion is that the gamecube is better, but that's all it is, an opinion. I myself prefer the Xbox to the gamecube having played them side by side, but I'm not about to say that everyone should agree with me, obviously.

And the fact that you don't see any games worthwhile for you on the xbox and the ps2 is completely valid, the more reason not to get them i suppose! :colgate: but I'm not about to bash you for your preference of a system over another, too much of that has been going on lately.

Method Man

Hadoken!
I with X-Box because if you think about how powerful the x-box is imagine what game companies such asSega Sports can do.They can take advantage of the X-Box hardware and make the levels look more realistic and add more details....

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: sorry......

TheWizard112 said:

none of the three can be far better at this point, they all hav their strengths and weaknesses. More time is needed to judge which one is better. ne1 saying one is far better than the others just has blind faith.

oh, im also rooting for gamecube...;)

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
GAMECUBE RULED OVER BY X-BOX???????

tell that to the fans of Super Smash Bros. : Melee!
oh, hell yeah!

Macca

i would have to agree with that :D

All in all i think the gc will have the best games. maybe not the best graphic (probably the xbox) or the most games (that goes to the ps2) but the best games. I classify the best as not graphics, as gameplay. Gameplay is alot more important than graphics. Look at the snes, many, including me say it is one of the best consoles and that is not for its graphics :D

I belive that the GC might not come up top in selling figures (though i think it is doing the best now, not sure tho) but it will be my choice for the next gen console :colgate:

Slougi

Look at the snes, many, including me say it is one of the best consoles and that is not for its graphics
It's not one of the best consoles, it's THE best. Never gonna have as much fun on any other console ;)

Macca

yeh of course it did but what i was saying is that even now with the psx, 64, gc and xbox many people still like the SNES the most because they are smart and chose gameplay over graphics :)

RPGlover12

well snes is the best system ever
and will always be
noother
i dont care about the graphics
only the gameplay
and the graphics aren't that bad
its 2d
and not bad
its great
and got many good games that i liked
chrono trigger, bof1,2 , starocean , treasure hunt, and many more