What's new

Jnes connects to Internet!!!

abacus

I noticed that whenever I open Jnes.exe, a 15 KB/sec stream of data begins flowing through my modem, most of it outgoing from the PC towards internet.

What's that for? Why does a NES videogame need to connect to internet?

I couldn't find the answer anywhere. Thank you.

(Anyway, every other emulator connects to the net, too, but I still didn't measure their data streams. I'll do this in some days.)

Last edited:

smcd

The only time I know of that Jnes would connect to the internet would be when kaillera is used. Aside from that, did you download the official release, from the official site? If not, you might have been blessed with a bundled/modified program.

bcrew1375

I don't know if you should call it a blessing. I'd be pretty suspicious of a program connecting to the internet when it's not supposed to.

smcd

bcrew1375 said:
I don't know if you should call it a blessing. I'd be pretty suspicious of a program connecting to the internet when it's not supposed to.

Perhaps I should have used quotes as it was being sarcastic, "blessed" meaning he could have picked up a modified program that has more functionality but maybe not in a way he'd want :p

bcrew1375

I thought it might have been sarcastic, but as you mentioned, there were no quotes, so I assumed you were being serious :p.

Klaha

Kaillera error

Hi... every time I try to open the kaillera client apeers a message that says thar windows has detected a problem and it'll be close and then it gets stuck and I cant repair ir... can anybody help me :) ?

OP
A

abacus

sethmcdoogle, you were right.
I downloaded the emu from the official site, and then I measured no "blessing" stream of data through my modem.
Thank you so much!

xamenus

abacus said:
sethmcdoogle, you were right.
I downloaded the emu from the official site, and then I measured no "blessing" stream of data through my modem.
Thank you so much!
If you downloaded from the official site, you do not have the latest version. Jabo posts the latest version here at EmuTalk. The latest version is 0.6, which is in a sticky in this forum.