PDA

View Full Version : how do u retexture things?

jimmyhat
November 30th, 2005, 21:13
sum of the work people have dun on the games look excellent so i was wonderin how u do it and wot programmes u need

mdtauk
November 30th, 2005, 21:28
it makes sense...

you need to use a plugin to dump tiles from the game, hen you resize them by 400%, move them into another folder, and use the plugin to load the new textures. For more detailed explainations, try asking in the Help thread, I don't tend to explain these types of things easily

M[u]ddy
November 30th, 2005, 21:33
sum of the work people have dun on the games look excellent so i was wonderin how u do it and wot programmes u need

Translation:
Some of the work that was done on the games looks exellent, so I was wondering how it's done and what programmes are needed.

Everything is done with "Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10" and picture editing programms like Photoshop.

Mollymutt
December 1st, 2005, 05:21
ddy']Translation:
Some of the work that was done on the games looks exellent, so I was wondering how it's done and what programmes are needed.
LOL... I know, just a pet peeve.

Vanit
December 1st, 2005, 10:49
Might want to delete one of those replies, Mollymut...

As for the inquiry of the original poster, please look around a bit before you ask.

Mollymutt
December 1st, 2005, 18:57
Whoops.....Done!

Unusual_Rex
December 2nd, 2005, 17:45
Use Rices pluging to dump the textures make them 4X bigger and then hi-res them put them in hires_texture and the select load hi-res textures under the options for you plugin.

flowrent
December 9th, 2005, 18:16
And so you can increase the resolution of the games?
What is the normal resolution of a game and how far can you go with retexturing??

flowrent
December 9th, 2005, 19:45
Oh yeah and another question..is there any game(s) been completely reextured in hi-resolution?

Vanit
December 9th, 2005, 23:12
There are quite a few around nearing completion. Kerb has a good Mario Kart 64 retexture pack I've been lending a hand with, and if you bothered to scroll down the thread list you'll find all the others.