What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mario Kart 64

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Uh, I've been trying to know what's the project about looking in the site but I still don't get it. Is it like a re-writing of the game for PC?

And for the textures, it's not as simple as dumping them from the game. If you want them to look sweet, you only can use them for reference, you must make the new ones almost from scratch.

BTW, how can't your site work propperly under Firefox?

pilm

I think you should contact Kerber2K, maybe he let you use his textures for this project.

(and same question : why not Firefox ?)

Leo111

SWAT_Marc said:
Uh, I've been trying to know what's the project about looking in the site but I still don't get it. Is it like a re-writing of the game for PC?

From what I understood, it's a MOD for Half-Life 2 (I guess that's why it's called Mario Kart Source)

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Leo111 said:
From what I understood, it's a MOD for Half-Life 2 (I guess that's why it's called Mario Kart Source)
Ok, thank you, just as I thought.
I'm still surprised for the lack of Firefox support:plain:

To [ROLO]: sure you didn't see the warning message on the top of the page (or even tried to read the forum) :p

Last edited:
OP
S

SiLeNt-JoKeR

what plugins and extentions did it require. Im trying to find out why but im getting no where.

Also its is basically a port from mk64 to mario kart source. So its basically playing mk64 on source with updated graphics, 128 player support ehehehehehe max of course you dont have to have that many, and much more.

64fanatic

SiLeNt-JoKeR said:
Also its is basically a port from mk64 to mario kart source. So its basically playing mk64 on source with updated graphics, 128 player support ehehehehehe max of course you dont have to have that many, and much more.

OMGZZZ if you have even 32 max, that'd just be insane!!!(that meaning online play with PC servers= reliable= SWEET AWESOME RACES, even though people would be using the same characters...

but 128??? :huh:

How would you do this anyhow?

Kerber2k

Even if 32 people played online they could just use diffrent colors with the skins to identify with each other. Dont wanna go that way could easily identify by adding their user name above their head.

OP
S

SiLeNt-JoKeR

the max the source engine will support is 128 i think or its 256 one ofthe 2. Just image 50 players in a battlemode... wow talk about a huge war.... it would be sweet.

Kerber2k thanks for the idea of names above the head... hm.. i just might put that in never thougth of it... btw did you get my pm's?

Kerber2k

Im thinking with a engine like source why stop at re-creating just the orignal N64 game...just make MK64 a gameplay mode...and add coins for another gameplay.
Im thinking add every mario franchise char possiable I would love to see Magikoopa, Drybones, Shyguy, Turtle, Waluigi, (ETC..) show up. (I assume at this point Nintendo would have shut you down because it would be too good to be true.) You should consider adding USB controller support if source doesnt have it already(never tried it)

64fanatic

Wow

If your ever up to it, maybe add some more race tracks, or larger battle arena's since 128 guys in that small room would be INSANE (fun yes, but not all the time)

nickm6

now 128 people is available in source but one problem u need a kick ass server in order to do it i think the quake server with 64 players for CSS costs 800$ a month..

Big servers are expensive so i wouldnt be expecting more then 40 people(server) if the mod even kicks off good..

Theres so many mods the chances that ures will rock everybodys world wont be good but i well play it when it realeses kick ass idea..(PS plz dont quit working on it!!)

keep up the good work and BTW when did u start the project???

i would be happy to beta test it for u..