What's new

voodoo and pj64 dont mix i heard....

RPG Sayan

I heard on the emusanet forum that my voodoo card doesnt mix with the pj 64...i was wondering if theres a plug in or wrapper that someone can give me a link to....thank you

OP
R

RPG Sayan

mmmmm

i dont have that kinda money...but i heard theres a wrapper that supports the voodoo

Jfletcher

Well, I know there are Glide wrappers to make Glide Apps work, but I'm not sure of the reverse....?

/me cleans up mess... glide is the unique api devloped by 3dfx and used only in their boards... UHLE used glide... so if you wanted to use other cards you had to use a glide wrapper to turn it into one of the "generic" api's like direct 3d or openGL... as you may have noticed the default api used in PJ is direct 3d which is supported across all modern cards and can be downloaded freely, hence does work in voodoo cards, just not too well :)

OP
R

RPG Sayan

mmmmmmmm

yet when i load a game it says that that game is not supported by the plugin...i downloaded a wrapper named evoodoo and it still doesnt work...please help!!

Jfletcher

I know that. I still have my Voodoo card for UHLE and Ultima IX.
I found that if you use Jabo's GPU plugin from PJ64 1.2 that it looks really good on my Voodoo 3.

Jfletcher

I haven't tried it with the 1.4 Beta though.
I'm pretty sure if you use the 1.2 plugin in 1.3 it will look a hell of a lot better. Any experts can dispute this as I'm not an expert.

Re: mmmmmmmm

RPG Sayan said:
yet when i load a game it says that that game is not supported by the plugin...i downloaded a wrapper named evoodoo and it still doesnt work...please help!!

k... forget wrappers ;) theyre for ultraHLE only... if you want PJ:pj64: jfletchers advice could be worth a shot :)

OP
R

RPG Sayan

problem.....

allright...downloaded the 1.2 version...double clicked it and its running the default direct 3d plug in and this is what i got.....
1}Direct 3d failed to inialize your hal device make sure you have a properly configured 3d graphics card compatible with direct x 6....im running 8....
2}graphics failed to inialize

Jfletcher

OK, I just tried it (1.2) in 1.3 and 1.4 beta 1 with all default settings. Everything seems to work fine. I tested out a few games like Mario 64, Zelda, SmashBros, ect...
Not sure why it would give you that error message?
What model Voodoo card do you have, because I believe the 2000 series and under won't work for s#it.

Jfletcher

Hmm... mabye Smiff or someone more knowledgeable about these things might know. I'd say it was a driver issue with your Vid card, but then again I'm not an expert.

Screwdriver

I had the same problem when running pj64 on my v3 2k... until I changed the desktop res down to 16bit.

Most of the older games play ok, they just arn't pretty with no filtering. My CPU usage % rarely goes over 66% so it's definatly feature limited, not fill rate. For me, Mario Kart seems to need the 'change blending mode if invalid for video card.' Zelda is a total mess.

I have a geforce2 MX at work and games work ALOT better... I am thinking of upgrading.