What's new

eureka?

OP
Ogy

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
yeap, that's gauntlet legends not with Glide64, with jabo's.
but don't get your hopes up, the numerous graphical glitches makes it pretty unplayable and the workaround for it to start is really ludicrous.

BUT, if there are more gauntlet fanatics out there like me.. here goes:

1. start the game using jabo's
  2. go to the point where it hangs (i.e just over the first circle in the first world).
  3. when the light starts to come out (BEFORE you enter the level) do a QuickSave.
  4. unload the game and switch to Zilmar's CFB plugin (no, thats not a joke)
  5. load the game and do a QuickLoad. hear the sound to confirm you entered the level. do a QuickSave.
  6. unload the game again, switch back to jabo's,load the game, load the state and have fun :)
    [/list=1]

Last edited:

Remote

And you came up with this workaround for Gauntlet Legends because you...

a) recieved the answer from God...
b) tried all possible plugin combinations...
c) ...

OP
Ogy

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
i REALLY REALLY like this game, and believe me, if you knew the things i tried... you would pass out. i've been working on it for days, well at leat i found some nice programs like the one to convert between DevDrive saves and Z64 saves (MemPak).
in the end i didn't use it though, N-Rage's plugin did all the work i needed:D including using my own save from my mempak using the adaptoid! GREAT work N-Rage!!

OP
Ogy

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
anyone can try and see if it works for them? what do you think about it smiff?

OP
Ogy

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
wow, fixed most of the problems and now it looks sweet.

first, the best resolution is 418X220.

second,i found a way to fix the screen from jumping and colors from changing, but i think this is only my voodoo:blush: so it's probably perfect for all you GeForces out there.

so now the game is Fully playable except the missing status bar:

Last edited:
OP
Ogy

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
gokuss4 said:
i believe thats gauntlet legends for the glide plug-in :D

the latest build of Glide64 doesn't run GL... yet.

why am i the only 1 replying to this thread??:hrm:
ANY feedback people??
smiff you don't have to change the status of this game, but please add the res I suggested to the RDB ok?

Olax

Ogy,

Fantastic job, it works on my Radeon Mobility but I do have the flickering and colour changes, what did you do to get it working on your card?

olax

OP
Ogy

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
well olax, basically it's just "change blending mode..." but it's a little tricky... you have to play around with the settings for some time untill the game understands you want it to stop that cr*p.

tell me if you manage to get it going...

Olax

ogy,

your process works just as well on 1964 as it does on PJ64, and on machine 1964 moves the frame rate up to 38 fps compared with 28 fps.

Been playing with the graphics, still get a flicker when I change direction or shoot someone but I'll keep playing with it.

Added the instructions to my site (hope thats ok - gave proper credit)

Also added some save states to the site as well for those that can't follow instructions!

olax

OP
Ogy

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
now i have a reason to look at your site :cool: glad i could help.

OP
Ogy

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Ogy (a man with far too much time on his hands) has come up with an amazing way of getting gauntlet legends running

lol:D, if there is somthing i DON'T have it's time.:colgate:

oh and olax, i see by your screenshots that you didn't use the resolution i offered, why?

in case you didn't understad what i was saying(due to my lame english). just add these lines to the rdb(in the proper part):

Resolution Width=418
Resolution Height=220

Olax

nothing to do with your english, got all excited to go and try it and didn't bother reading all the instructions

note to self - must not be so condesending to people who call the helpdesk today with stupid questions - I am no better!

I'll up a correction later

olax