What's new

<---N00B!!(i need help!!)

monkey11111

Hi all! i dont really know how to use emulators or roms or watever... can anyone teach me wat all this stuff means?!

stunt_man

Speaking of NOOB-ishness, I could use a little help. When I put a new plugin into my plugins folder, it doesn't work in PJ64... Why? It says "<plugin>.dll was not found."

Help?

EDIT: First, it says "This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." The header reads "Project64.exe - Unable to Locate Component."

Next, it says "Failed to load plugin: C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\glide64.dll." The header just says "Error."

What am I doing wrong? I put the plugins right into my plugin folder, as shown in the directory path above.

Last edited:

Clements

You need to put the wrapper (Glide3x.dll) included with Glide64 in PJ64's root directory.

elitemperor

Master Mariokarter
yup, just found that out today:blush:

it works much better with it, only it runs a lot slower. i was playin ssb, and it was like slo-mo. cool, yet somewhat annoying:icecream:

stunt_man

Awesome, I got it working. Thanks, Clements.

The Glide plugin is pretty sweet, even though there are a few bugs (notably the major fps drop when you use the Camspy or Nightvision goggles in Perfect Dark - is there a way to fix this?). Is there a FAQ somewhere about installing and using 3rd party plugins? I understand that this isn't the PJ64 team's ground, but it would help new users...

Anyway, thanks again.

elitemperor

Master Mariokarter
yes there is, in the help thingy on pj64, there is a section on 3rd party plugins...hey...i feel smart now...yay!

stunt_man

lol you may feel smart now, but I feel like an idiot. I've been through that a million times...

Did anyone find out a way to fix the special nightvision-camspy-fps-drop issue with Perfect Dark?

elitemperor

Master Mariokarter
i dont play that game, so i wouldnt know what you are talking about lol...i would like to know how to fix the framerate in ssb...slo-mo is fun, but this is ridiculous
>_<

Clements

Jabo's D3D8 1.6 has both Nightvision and Camspy effects working fullspeed and accurate. It does not emulate the IR Scanner or Horizonscan though.

Last edited:

stunt_man

Are they working on that now? I just wanted to use the GL64 plugin for it's better-looking displays (in PD). Jabo's works overall, though. Does anyone know if the next release of Jabo's will emulate these things?