What's new

Guess who just passed an official Microsoft MCP Test? :-)

Lemmy

First test of three required to become a MCSD (Microsoft cerified solution developer)

OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

You can put it on your vcard. Basically it allows you to prove companies you can design software using specific tools.

But for us it was necessary because if a company wants to be a Microsoft Partner they have to be at least two people that have passed one of those tests. So they decided I had to do a test which is good for me, too.

If a company wants to be a Microsoft Partner it is a lot more expensive to get ALL their products (like complete development studio, all server, all OSes, ALL the documentation etc etc) if you don't have certifications.

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
Are you a partner in the company you are working for? What kind of software do you produce/design/code/(whatever!!) ???

OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

My company is a Microsoft Partner. I am an employee :)

We develop Business Applications - very different stuff. I like learning a wide variety of technologies like Databases, Web development, servers, com, etc etc

But in the far future my dream would be to work for BMW (which aren't far away from here) and develop the logic in their cars. Like those cool integrated cellphones.

I always missed a lyrics viewer in my car - something that shows me the text of the song currently playing. Maybe too dangerous :)

Eddy

I Run This
Lemmy i look forward to passing my test, the companies make it very hard to receive training the a+ training for young people, i had the money and the time but they never took me seriously :-( so i didnt get a chance to receive trainig, i got the practice books from barnes and noble, hopefully ill have my training this year.

yogaman

Banned
lol ..... I'm sure for Lemmy the test was a piece of cake (like adding a few unemulated games to the yet never released almighty NEMU 0.8) :)

Lemmy said:

We develop Business Applications - very different stuff. I like learning a wide variety of technologies like Databases, Web development, servers, com, etc etc

Thats the area im in too! ok so im still learning, but im progressing niceley... we use microsoft stuff too. The problem is we evolved from an operational team to a development team, so we don't yet get proper funding for stuff, we've had to fight for an MSDN subscription even thought BT (British Telecom), are huge microsoft customers and suppliers ???

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
yogaman said:
lol ..... I'm sure for Lemmy the test was a piece of cake (like adding a few unemulated games to the yet never released almighty NEMU 0.8) :)
lol yeah that test was probably less complicated then adding unemulated games