What's new

Problem of WinBack

gogogo

Is it possible to take out the "Grey Square" always appear on the screen? One or two "Grey Square" appear randomly cover the screen of the game. Although, they'll getting small and disappear after 2 to 4 seconds, but it SUCK! They blocked my vision on the screen.

I'm angry when the "Grey Screen" appeared, my hero died after the "Grey Screen" disappear.

Epic64

Well what can I say?
lol

It must be the 'grey square of doom'. Or maybe it's just a known issue which you could have found out about yourself ;)

OP
G

gogogo

Another problem

About the Ucode, I used the latest rdb file to test the Win Back, but the same problem occured. I did see the readme file said that the Ucode of the game has been changed. I thought it should be OK, but the same things happened.

So, I moved the direct save file (zip form) from PJ64 1.4 to PJ64 1.3, the same problem occured, but this time it worked. After the ERROR occured, click the error, then you can play the game again. So, I moved my character to some different location and save the game(in zip form).

Then, I copied the save file from PJ64 1.3 tp PJ64 1.4, IT WORKED!

However, I don't know when this problem will occur again, so I decided to use PJ64 1.3 to play the game.

Hopefully, it'll not get more problem before I finish the game.

Last edited:
OP
G

gogogo

The error still occur, but....

The error still occur , but you can load the direct save on PJ64 1.3.

When you play WinBack on PJ64 1.3, you'll find that the screen of the background is white, I means the graphic of the background is white. So, it should be more beautiful graphic on PJ64 1.4.

Last edited:

Allnatural

The problems with Winback are essentially identical between 1.3 and 1.4, including the grey square. If the square appears transparent in 1.3 it's probably because you have Force Normal Blending turned on in the graphics plugin, otherwise it looks the same. You could use the same "fix" with 1.4.