What's new

Project 64 jerking problem

ilhwan

lately, project 64 emulator has not been running too good :blush: ... the screen jerks and the sound pauses as it jerks. i thought it was just a problem with the emulator but it turns out that the same thing is happening when i try to fast foward when i watch dvds. its not a virus because i did countless virus scans... so what could it possibly be? Please help!!! :bye3:

OP
I

ilhwan

i have 2.6 p4 h/t cpu, 1 gig of ram, 256 radeon vc (not sure which model). everything ran perfectly before, then all of the sudden one day everything became shitty. i'm pretty sure its not a virus but i'm still doing virus scans because i dont want to reformat my hard drive...

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
It might be a worm, or spyware/adware. Try Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-aware, if you haven't already. Apart from that, i'm not too sure... try cleaning out your computer (getting rid of all the useless junk you don't want or need). Also, try posting at various PC problem-solver sites.

OP
I

ilhwan

hey do you think it might be a "memory leak" because i did spyware and virus scans... i just may reformat my hard drive...

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Well, you could check the "processes" menu in task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) to see if there are any 'rogue processes'... and then delete them. Just see if the process is using too much memory, if it is - delete it.