What's new

A little help.

mikeshoup

Hi, I have decided to enter the world of N64 emulation. Maybe you guys could help me.

I want to kow what everyone would consider to be the best emulator for slower systems?
Let us say:
Celeron 500 - 562mhz
128mb
GeForce 2 MX400

I also wonder how much slower it is to emulate a N64 than a PSX, cuz mine emulates the PS fine.

Also, what would be considered the best plugins for hardware such as mine?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
For your specs, uHLE & Corn are the best. Nemu might run, but very slow. 1964 as well. Pj won't work.
So to say, I really recommed you to upgrade.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Doomulation said:
For your specs, uHLE & Corn are the best. Nemu might run, but very slow. 1964 as well. Pj won't work.

Doom, You dont know shit when it comes to bare bone emulation. 500MHz Is Great for Corn, Nemu dont run at all, dont waste your time on it. I insist on PJ64, 1964, using Jabo's Direct 3D, Azimers Audio with HLE (PJ64 Only). That 128 MB of Ram might come in handy when it comes to Audio.

OP
M

mikeshoup

Thanks CPU. I will have to try those.

Also, one last question. Is there any emus for Linux? I am a big Linux user, and I do not like rebooting.

Martin

Administrator
There are two N64 emus for Linux: Fake64 and Mupen64. Fake64 has its message board hosted here at Emutalk. Visit it through this link. It runs demos only. Mupen64 is capable of playing Super Mario 64 in wireframe mode, although reportedly slowly.

bjz

I beg to differ CPU MASTER, i ran nemu at great speeds on an old K62-450 with 128mb ram and TNT2 32mb card. Infact mario kart ran to fast on it for some levels.