What's new

Graphics Problem

Tenamor

Sup everyone, hope ur all having a good time, i would be but my graphics on the games are screwing up... the path will dissapear, my characters go invisible, houses will be under the ground, fences in the air, and I think you get the picture. Now do I need a plug-in or something? Or is it the rom?

Thanks much!
Tenamor - Everyone's favorite Free kill

The_Z

"The_A"
1. What game is it? It won't help much by saying, "this game".

2. Specs. What're your computer specs?

3. The default plugin should work fine.

OP
T

Tenamor

Well, just about every game, i discribed every game ive tried in those problems, which would be Paper Mario, Quest 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Monopoly.

Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 CPU
2.00 GHz
256 Megabytes of ram
Windows XP Professional
my graphics card is an ATI Radeon, umm, either X1800 or X1600

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
None of the things you mentioned has to do with graphics... What's your video card?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You can try Jabo's video plugin that comes with Project 64, Orkin's Direct64 and Rice's video plugin. They are all great.
If you want to take a step further you can also try Glide64 but you'll need a glide wrapper to use it.

OP
T

Tenamor

Ok, i downloaded Rice (first on list)and un-rar'ed it into the Plugin folder that game with NEMU64 (then I switched to 1964), and i tried playing Quest 64 but as I figured it doesn't plug itself into it, how do I get it to work?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You must place the plugins on the plugin folder of 1964. You placed them on the plugin folder of Nemu (wrong folder). :p

OP
T

Tenamor

ok i found the plugin folder for 1964 and i placed it into there and nothing happened :/

How do I get it to fix the graphics?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The emulator has an option to change plugins. Select the latest Rice's plugin from there.

OP
T

Tenamor

*sigh* now it says The application failed to start because bgl(insert more random letters here) bla bla bla re-installing the program may fix bla bla bla

what now?

OP
T

Tenamor

thanks a lot dude you've been a great help so far! Some more help needed though, BMGlibPNG.dll is needed now in the plug-ins folder

HeyYoWL

You could try switching to OpenGL for rendering. I have a 9700 Pro and it's choppy for me too, which makes no sense when this game isn't exactly super high end..