What's new

Win XP Proffesional Strange problem!

kog

Hi there,
Yesterday and for the first time i installed Windows XP professional in my computer and i noticed a strange problem. Every time i use PJ64 when i am trying to close it from the X Button or by selecting exit from the file menu, my pc crashes and restarts immediately.
The only way to prevent this crash is to close the emulator by pressing alt+F4 and it closes without any problem.
I don't know what is really happening so any idea would be helpfull.
Thanks in advance

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Josep said:
weird shit, make sure you have enough power to your power supply

No, No, No, No, Nothing to do with the power...
But, Seems to me that you need to delete the Reg entries, sence you upgraded...

2fast4u

i'd assume that u installed xp on an old windows 98 or me. my experience sez that this can mess things up seriously. m$ sucks ... i would say formatting ur harddisk and reinstalling windows would be the solution.

Mr. Frisbee III

If you do an upgrade from an older version of Windows, XP will probably not completly remove the old stuff. This can cause mighty XP to trip over and hurt itself. Do a fresh install!

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Fresh install all the way. Otherwise you have many problems due to windows tring to keep all your old settings, even the ones that don't really aplly the same way.

Martin

Administrator
I'd have to agree with that, a fresh install usually fixes all kinds of weird problems you get when you upgrade. :)

jaffa_sinas

hey yeah that's the best.. i had the same problem.. winme-> upgrade win xp pro... pj kept crashig the pc... so clean install.. now everything works a-ok..
:pj64: :D