What's new

Super Mario Allstars

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
:akuma: Until just recently i've had no problems with the compatibility of Snes9x and Super Mario Allstars. When i boot it up i get a bad checksum message and it wont let me play... but if i reset the console the game will work.
This is the message i get....

View attachment 28733

Clements

Looks like a bad rom, the NTSC version has a CRC32 of 925637C7.

The correct version of the game works perfectly for me in my Snes9x build.

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
The correct version of the game works perfectly for me in my Snes9x build

Thats the thing.. it worked before last week. It's the only game that just seemed to stop working for me. I got a different version of the ROM to no avail. Its the damndest thing. Perhaps my Snes9x settings got messed up. Indeed it works fine with Zsnes, but thats not where my saves are :p.

Whats truely bizzare is that i can press 'Reset' after i get the bad checksum message and the game will work for me fine.

Clements

You could try the -restore trick to remove the Snes9x settings from the registry (create a shortcut and add -restore at the end of the target field, or alternatively open regedit and delete the key from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Emulators\Snes9X)

KingVendrSnatch

無感覚
Thats funny because when I reset it It looks like a pile of crap.

Worse come to worse you could use the .srm file on zsnes. It should work. So at least you dont lose a whole lot hopefully.

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Hmm, the -restore command didnt work for my problem, but it would be useful if my diagnosis was correct (that is; my settings messed the game compatability up). I dunno, what a weird bug.