What's new

WIP page?

deathace

Since project64 now has a wip build download for donators of $20 or more, should there be a WIP page for the public?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Edit: Sorry I misunderstood what this thread was about, I thought he was asking about wip build downloads for the public.

Last edited:

zilmar

Emulator Developer
sethmcdoogle said:
No - that's one of the 'rewards' for donating.
Should it be public or just for the donators, that has not been fully decided yet. We are still just working out how things work. But not all info should be public.

snesmaster40

Here's a good question, what will happen if the WIP builds get leaked? Will the project end (it's happened to one project I know of)?

zilmar

Emulator Developer
snesmaster40 said:
Here's a good question, what will happen if the WIP builds get leaked? Will the project end (it's happened to one project I know of)?

At the moment, all WIP have the name of the user in, so we will know exactly who leaked. So the account will probaly be closed to stop leaks of future versions.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
the danger is that people will start picking and choosing what things they want, and effectively "buying" them. not good. the donation is supposed to be a way of supporting project64 in general.
you either use pj and like it, or you don't. imho.

smcd

zilmar said:
Should it be public or just for the donators, that has not been fully decided yet. We are still just working out how things work. But not all info should be public.

Thanks for clearing that up - I was just trying to help from how I understood it to work ;)

zilmar

Emulator Developer
sethmcdoogle said:
Thanks for clearing that up - I was just trying to help from how I understood it to work ;)

No Problem, we are not sure fully how it should all work yet, the longer we do this the better I idea of what people want and how we should go about things.

The status might be something that does appear in public at some stage. For that way at least people know that we really are adding things when we have time.