What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

El Kameleon's cel Majora's Mask mod

El Kameleon

Well, since a lot of people are complaining about me not having my own thread, here's now the official thread where I will be posting all current and future progress of my project, hope to hear everyone's comments!

EDIT: I guess I need to clarify that i'm strongly going for a Wind Waker type feel, so you all know what to expect, so dont be all "that doesnt look like the MM style to me..." cause alot of it wont.

Last edited:
OP
E

El Kameleon

WIP: subject to change

face.jpg

owl.jpg

moon.jpg

mask.jpg

menu1.jpg

menu2.jpg

title.jpg

and yes, i realise the file select screens look very similar to Djipi's, but I swear i had no idea what he was doing till after i had already started work on mine, i guess we both just liked the wind waker file select menu :p

zeldafan970

nice work, I can't decide which Link face I more now. Yours is great because it stays more true to WW, but at the same time Djipi stay more true to OoT/MM. I have a question about the sky in your game. Did you change it? because it looks kinda pixely

OP
E

El Kameleon

nope, havent gotten that far yet, that'll probably be one of the last things to go. So I got a ways yet :p

OP
E

El Kameleon

i dont get why no one likes the face :p did you guys even try it when i posted the files? i promise, it looks better in-game... i too was just playing with the idea, but it turned out looking really good, so i'm keeping it.

OP
E

El Kameleon

Ok, heres some more quick WIP, I remind you, WIP!!! far from final! and on that note... let the bashing and flaming commence. :evil:

title1.jpg

Kiggles

Hey, El Kameleon. I just wanted to give my support. I'm still in the shitter and can't offer any services, but having never played through Majora's Mask I am really looking forward to your project. You've got some constitution, but I still wanted to let ya know that people out here appreciate the work you're doing. :)

Good luck. This is a BIG project. You'll need it. :D

OP
E

El Kameleon

try as i might, i dont think the measurement box is possible, they use some sort of pixel stretching for the magic meter, its hard to explain. its only like a few pixels wide, thyen the just "copy" the last row of pixels to create the lenght of the magic meter.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
El kameleon , you would like to work with me?
I really appreciate your help , i like a lot what you done .

The Logo is finish so don't work on it. Link , epona ,open menu , inside tower and the city is finish.
If you want to help me , you can start to remake with cell style the ice field , but not the temple (because i have a great idea for ALL the temple).

But i really want work with you on this project.

OP
E

El Kameleon

Djipi just recently offered to have me help him with this project... but i dont think i'm liking the attitude he's taking toward it... example:

The Logo is finish so don't work on it. Link , epona ,open menu , inside tower and the city is finish.
If you want to help me , you can start to remake with cell style the ice field , but not the temple (because i have a great idea for ALL the temple).

yeah... that's kind of a "my way or the highway" attitude, so I think i'll just go solo and continue with my "alternate" style, provided people continue to support my project of course ;)

EDIT: I WOULD like to see what work you have done on this project, Djipi, maybe it is better a better idea then what i've come up with, I wont rule anything out so quickly, but lets see what you've done first before i decide to hop on board.

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
El kameleon , ibelieve that you would like to help me , but i see you won't .

Continue your project solo.good luck

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
If you look back in the other thread, El kameleon, you can see I did the whole HUD, and the Logo, Opening Menus etc. If you want to go your own style no problem, but if you wanto to work on our pack, there is no need to re-do whats already been done.

Im Bored

lol@censors
er now the tables have been turned. I dont see why these posts are coming up, as again, it says El Kameleons Cel mod...so we must assume that its working to one package, namely El Kameleons.

El kameleon, That moon has grown on me. The first time I saw it I wasnt sure, but now, yeah, i think it definitely works. Skullkid is amazing, too, it already looks like part of wind waker. good job.

Djipi I think I may have done some towards the Ice field in an earlier post of Mdtauks' MM thing. I had done some work on the game before it was announced either of you were working on it, and I think I posted a zip of what Id done incase it was helpful? Might be worth looking at at least.

Edit: Yeah, Post 16 of mdtauk's MM post. I didnt do alot, but its some. Thats all im saying, as its slightly hypocritical of me.

Last edited:

Mollymutt

El Kameleon said:
Djipi just recently offered to have me help him with this project... but i dont think i'm liking the attitude he's taking toward it... example:

yeah... that's kind of a "my way or the highway" attitude, so I think i'll just go solo and continue with my "alternate" style, provided people continue to support my project of course ;)

EDIT: I WOULD like to see what work you have done on this project, Djipi, maybe it is better a better idea then what i've come up with, I wont rule anything out so quickly, but lets see what you've done first before i decide to hop on board.

El Kameleon, I don't think Djipi was putting you down. He was just letting you know the progress he's made so far, so if you wanted to team on it, you would know what else needed to be done. If you are going to post pics here, you must grow thicker skin. look at my DK64 thread if you want to see some real flaming.

OP
E

El Kameleon

sorry about the bad post, it was 5 am and i was getting ready to go to work, i should know better than to post at such a time... and then after i was on my way to work, i realized Djipi is foreign, and he probably didnt mean to sound the way i though he did, i'm an ass :S so here's my offical "i'm sorry" and as far as working on the stuff i've worked on, i really see it as mostly practice in all honesty, just getting a good feel for the style and learning new tricks to make my textureing more efficient. again, sorry for sounding like a crabby pants :p now lets get back on topic.