What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Shadowman

Im Bored

lol@censors
Just been having fun retexturing this game. It is still quite scary...
More screens+content later maybe, I have to go out now.

--------------------------------------------------
07-03-06

First Pack Release: Lousiana Bayou.
Includes 116 textures, all the level is redone except the sky and cave later on in the game. (which will be included in Deadside Pack.)

Download:
Rapid Share Download Link - 9.76 MB.

Screenshots:
shadowman211vv.jpg

shadowman40qp.jpg

shadowman72sl.jpg

shadowman130wh.jpg

shadowman110fn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
More screens:

Maybe a few more later. This doesnt mean Ive quit the spiderman project, I am just waiting to get Ultimate Spiderman so I can analyse its style, and wait for Orkins plug in to see if it compliments it.

As for this, Im working steadily. Its a fun game to retexture, which is the main thing, despite its largeness. The folder for new york is like 15MB. Still have a few textures to grab, but nothing like the hundred odd Ive done so far. Ill probably release it as a pack when more people have replied; reason for doing so is that itll be on yousendit, as its large, and given the 7 day limit...yeah. So ill give it a bit of time then post it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Dont like double posting, but I have no choice? More content. Started work on the first part of Deadside, hopefully will complete all up to the Asylum and then start another part (Deadside is huge, If I remember correctly?) A few seam problems but I cant get round these as the polygons are set up like that. I believe the game had similar issues beforehand anyway, and when being played they arent distracting or entirely noticeable.

The game is still really disturbing, I have been rediscovering it as I retexture. Ugh, very creepy.

q_armando

I never actually played this game on the N64, because at the time it was released I also had a Dream Cast and I went for the letter version,which was really great looking and smooth.I actually like it better then the sequel releasd for the PS2.
but yes, it would be interesting to see the light on this project, I am a very big fan of the serie! Good job.

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Just finished hi-res inventory screen, spliced. Saved the background as its reused alot in this game. Will upload it when Ive done the icons and font.

Before/After

Tjalian

The original was supposed to simulate a dungeon/castle gate, this one gets rid of it, I'd prefer the original in hi-res. Also, the hands should be darker.

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Thats meant to be a gate? pfft. Glad you told me, I honestly wouldnt have known. i went with the strings and stuff to stick with the Human D.I.Y theme referenced with the sewn skin (presumably thats what it is)

Kind of agree with the hands needing to be darker, but they lost alot of detail when I tried doing that. Ill upload the PSD file of it anyway, so people can do that if they please (Because to be honest, it only seems like me and a small few others who'll use any of this anyway, so Im focusing on my own tastes and needs.)

OmegaPirate

Those hands look too white for Shadow Man!!
Other than that i want to say thankyou this game is one of my top 5 favourite games for N64...in some respects it's my favourite.
Actually I have it for every system i like it that much.
1. N64
2. PC
3. Dreamcast
4. PSX
5. PS2 (2econd coming)

q_armando

OmegaPirate said:
Those hands look too white for Shadow Man!!
Other than that i want to say thankyou this game is one of my top 5 favourite games for N64...in some respects it's my favourite.
Actually I have it for every system i like it that much.
1. N64
2. PC
3. Dreamcast
4. PSX
5. PS2 (2econd coming)

Hi,
I wanted to ask,how's the PC version ?
I ask because I am a big fan myself, and I own the N64 version and the DC one(which I think is much better because there are more light effects and real time shadows plus a handfull more of music than the N64).
I also did own the PS2 second coming game, but I didn't like it that much , and I sold it along with the system a couple of years back.
But It would be nice to discover the PC version, what I am interested in, is a higher resolution graphic,more lightning efffects and above all a constant smooth frame rate.Also a litte more gore for an adult audience would be a plus.
Does the PC version offer all of that ( and my system has the muscles to run it ) or is it more or less the same as the DC version ?
I would really appreciate an answere.
Thanks

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
:cool: Necropost. Update, been working on this again. I have started the Bayou. After this I will probably focus most on the UI and maybe HUD, so I can release a pack, and then start the train station (one of the more interesting levels!)

No release date as yet as Im very slow, alot of uni work to do, but I had to do an all nighter and these are the results, enjoy