What's new

Gamecube Running On My Pc Help!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SithLord666

Banned
hi I was wondering, if Gamecube, would run at all on my pc?
just got a new pc to and a kick butt video card 128MB Geforce6200
I have 1.8GHZ Processor, 512MB of memory Windows XP,
can somebody tell me, good working Gamecube Emulator, and if it
Would Work On My PC And If I Will Have any Trouble Running Gamecube Roms?
Thanks

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No game work at a decent speed with those emulators, keep that in mind! There is no specs that will affect this. Of course it would run, although still slow!

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
that sucks, i was hoping it would work, eh, at least n64 plays good. i have a gamecube anyway, it would be nice to see it play on pc though

64fanatic

hmm

It'll be years before its decent or worthit to play on PC, look at N64, project 64's been in development for over what? 6 years? and they still aren't done, don't expect this to be done any time soon, I'd say try again in 3 years::bouncy:
Maybe then it'll have higher game compatiblility and maybe run a little faster.

Can't wait till that day.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
omg i was going through my magazine, and there is this computer for like $13,000 thats crazy, it says it can play any of the game consols made today
but who in the heck would pay that much money for a computer!?

maickel

when ur not in youre OUT
some people with enough money..
only one problem tho..
you buy a pc today and its old yesterday..
its evolving so damn fast..
in that case you can better buy all platforms xbox ps2 and the new xbox360 with a whole box of just realeased games and still have some leftovers :p

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
yea i know its crazy on how technology is, i mean japan is way ahead of us
take an 800MHz computer, Tripple the speed over there lol

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
i was trying to give an example,
lets say you where to buy a 800Mhz computer here,
it would be tripple the speed over in Japan,
at least thats what it is on my friends Japanese Laptop....

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I don't think that Japan (or any other country) has technology that we don't or can't get, for any length of time anyway.

What I mean by that is, if per say a 5Ghz system became available in Japan today, I'm sure you could either import the system or parts to the US (for a nominal price) the same day pretty much. Or simply within days, weeks, or just a month or two, that same equipment would become available locally here.

Now on the flip of that, I'm sure that many countries (Japan more then others most likely) invent or have new technology that we don't simply because it has not 'caught on' here yet.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
so ive noticed yoh_asakura, it does suck, maybe in about 5 years,
when usa has a really kick ass computer going,
then maybe just maybe, it will run lol

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
LazerTag said:
I don't think that Japan (or any other country) has technology that we don't or can't get, for any length of time anyway.

What I mean by that is, if per say a 5Ghz system became available in Japan today, I'm sure you could either import the system or parts to the US (for a nominal price) the same day pretty much. Or simply within days, weeks, or just a month or two, that same equipment would become available locally here.

Now on the flip of that, I'm sure that many countries (Japan more then others most likely) invent or have new technology that we don't simply because it has not 'caught on' here yet.

well my friend, bought a Japanese Laptop, that thing plays anything he can throw at it, its faster then Alienware, and i know them to be the best gamer pc's around, but the laptop was in Japanese XP, that was already Installed,
So he bought a Brand New Xp Disc, and Installed An English Version Of Xp,
And It Detected The Processor Speed To Be At 6GHz
4GB Of Memroy, 265 Graphics Card

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Sorry to burst your bubble... or to close a topic you enjoy posting at... but this is going off the Gamecube topic. The bottom line is, there are no systems that will run a released Gamecube emulator at full speed as of this time and date. Not even your 6Ghz machine... or 60Ghz machine. The limitation is not so much the processing speed... It's like running slow code a small bit faster. For instance... say your run at 5fps on your current setup. Just because you double your overall processing prowess doesn't mean you'll run at full speed... it means you might get 10fps. My point, however inaccurately stated, is that slow code on a fast machine is just faster slow code. Pointed stated I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.