What's new

Dumps

scrim71

;) Hi all, ive been reading the crack for the last week, and decided to stick me newbie oar in, could someone please describe what Dumps are, i have a few roms , all have diff names , my question is also , what does the ! stand for. I unfortunatly am runnin, amd k6 ,128 ram, voodoo 2, and can only run mario kart ,and zelda oot, in ultra ,runs like a dream, can open a few in PJ64, but dont run so well, (understandable), being a total newb ,would appreciate some info, also is there a better site ,do learn the ropes ,pluggins ,glide etc... bit tecchie for me :cry:

Sedolf

(!) means that the rom is good and should be well playable.
When downloading a rom its recommended to download (U) (!) roms (U means NTSC-US rom). Dont download a (b) rom-its bad.

OP
S

scrim71

thnx for the input, but have sooo much to learn, likeod i need the glide thing?? also good rom, does that think actually do anything usefull, (sorry, i am a newb :) ) if anyone has a file full o interesting stuff ,tip etc.. would be gratefull ??? as i have checked all the sites ,and are all a bit confusing, or is that just me ??? lol

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
scrim71 said:
;) Hi all, ive been reading the crack for the last week, and decided to stick me newbie oar in, could someone please describe what Dumps are, i have a few roms , all have diff names , my question is also , what does the ! stand for. I unfortunatly am runnin, amd k6 ,128 ram, voodoo 2, and can only run mario kart ,and zelda oot, in ultra ,runs like a dream, can open a few in PJ64, but dont run so well, (understandable), being a total newb ,would appreciate some info, also is there a better site ,do learn the ropes ,pluggins ,glide etc... bit tecchie for me :cry:

smiff's site is the perfect start for basically everything n64 emulation related,especially check the beginners section and the rom managing section.

and pj64 doesn't support secondary vid cards, what is your primary vid card?

OP
S

scrim71

Does this mean if i disable my onboard, it might kick in the voodoo ???, any input appreciated?

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
scrim71 said:
primary, u mean my crappy, onboard 16 meg ati rage pro ??

yes i do , and no the voodoo 2 AFAIK will never work with PJ64, your only chance is upgrading.