What's new

Sonic Adventure 2 Model/texture extracting

adamj

Hi,

I was wondering, how would i extract the models, textures and levels from sonic adventure 2 battle, on the gamecube?
(i actually own the game)

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks! ^__^

soccerboi

It's not possible as of now. The only systems you can extract models from as of now, are N64, and I think playstation, but I am not sure.

OP
A

adamj

Yeah, Thakis suggested that I make my own file viewer and that it isn't as difficult as it sounds, but, I can't program at all, although, I am about to start learning.
I guess I may have to settle for extracting from the dreamcast version of SA2 I have, I just felt the quality of the GC version would be better.

Thanks guys

R-II

You'd have to investigate the native file format on your own, much like I did with Paper Mario 2. Each developer for the most part is going to have their own format.

BlueFalcon7

sorry if this is a little off topic but since this is about SA2, i was wondering if there was an SFD video player that actually works i have searched all over the net and i cant find anything that works

BlueFalcon7

i think the gamecube sfd files close to the DC sfd. I have only seen them in sa2 and F-zero GX but in sa2 i did find a mpeg movie that played like a normal mpeg should (very bad quality and no sound) with an adx file right next to it that corresponds with the video

psychodan

the pc version of Sonic Heroes uses Renderware technology like GrandTheftAuto, it's not exactly the same as SA2, But the models seem about the same quality to me. Have you looked into it?

BlueFalcon7

thats funny because super mario sunshine uses .col files, i looked them up and one of the results was grand theft auto 3 collision data and the .col files have something to do with movement in super mario sunshine

psychodan

not sure if theres any similarity other then the name. i know in GTA that COL is about collision data, its also used to place objects on a map i believe, but..

I don't remember any COL files in sunshine.. ..just BTK as being animation stuff.

Elpenguino

just because files share the same extension does not necessarily mean they follow the same format.
in the instance of .col, it's simply a shortened version of the word collision. it's not too uncommon for something like that to happen...

BlueFalcon7

i was reading through the .dol for SSBM and i saw some stuff that looked like C++ and something else that had some random name and a .cpp after it you might want to check it out, the .dol is the file that tells the gamecube how to run and when to run all the files (because its the executable)