What's new

Wi-fi GBA emulation...LAN help

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Hey everyone! I know that you can use two pcs as two GBAs now and connect via Local Area Network, but my friend Mark has recently bought a new laptop with a Wifi card and I'm getting one of my own next week...so please help me figure out how to set up wireless GBA multiplayer. I'm sorry for sounding like a moron, but I don't have more than one pc at home yet, so I don't even know how to set-up a typical LAN connection. I'm just trying to figure out all of the steps that need to be taken. Please help a guy out, thanks!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If you have XP sp 2, there is a guide that helps you set up a wireless network. When that is done, it should not be anything else than configure the emulators to network with each other.

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Alright. Thanks. I'll look for it, but how do I find out my and his LAN ips? That's another issue that I can't figure out. Thanks again.

WhiteX

The Ip´s will be set by you, the most common used is 192.168.0.?
being ? the machine relevant number.
as this: your machine IP 192.168.0.1, sub net mask 255.255.255.0
your buddy´s IP 192.168.0.2, sub net mask 255.255.255.0
the workgroup name for both must be the same, set windows to show an icon on your system tray if connected, for a normal LAN, it should work after this, if i forgot smth, reply.