What's new

GC Commercial Discs w/emulator

barnib97

Hi, I'm completely new to this and was just wondering if its possible for me to play my GameCube and Playstation games through these emulators. I know people use these for roms and for images so I assume that if I put the original commercial disc in my computer that it would run with one of these emulators. Is this correct. Thanks.
-Peter

xneoangel

Persona User
PS2 and GC emulation is in development and you wont be able to play games at a playable FPS but for PSX yes you can put your discs on your PC and play them with ePSXe some games run perfectly some others have minor glitches and in my experience with PSX emulation i havent found any game that doesnt runs.

Anyway for PSX emulation its better if you make an ISO of your game as it will run much better from an ISO than from a physical disc on your CD drive.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Bah! :p Set read ahead option in cd-rom plugin to none and away you go. It works kinda perfect to play from a cd this way.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
You can't use gamecube discs in the computer. And the new emulators for xbox, playstation 2 and gamecube are on early stages, they can't play games very well.