What's new

hello everyone!

Dead_Zone

Banned
hello im new and have a couple questions before i d/lk the emu and play a game

i have a ati radeon 9200 256mb vid card 512mb of ram and a p4 at 1.8ghz will i be able to play these games? and from your own experiences will SA2 work on my machine? thanks

OP
D

Dead_Zone

Banned
just to let everyone know SA2 works fine on my setup it runs fast as long as i have the capcom hack enabled and also there are some graphical errors but it's fully playable but in cut scenes the sound goes to fast for the cut scenes so therefor they are a bit mis matched but fully playable :) i just wish i knew how to speed up gundam federaton vs zeon

Acorn

As you have a Radeon card, SA2 will "work". It will still crash after the first level, and randomly at other places in the game (which you can get to by using save games).

P4 1.8 is much to slow for full speed emulation of a dreamcast, sorry - 1.8Ghz is a bit low in any case, and the earlier P4's especially underperform. Also, note the famous thing most new people miss: DC games (GD-Roms) cannot be put into your cd/dvd drive and played.

If that hasn't turned you away, you can have an excellent time using chankast, its an amazing emulator.

Edit: missed by a min. Good work getting it to run, and better work being pleased by the results :) One can never tell which type of newbie one is!

Last edited:
OP
D

Dead_Zone

Banned
heh no prob i play the games with ease using my xbox controller which seems to feel just like a dreamcast controller i was just playing federation VS zeon and i can play it but fps is around 11-16 not too bad but i plan on upgrading my pc soon anyways and thats kinda funny SA2 never crashed on me i played 2 levels after the light and dark side