What's new

Zelda OoT menu glitch

Jihad

Maybe someone can shed light for me on this situation. I am playing Zelda OoTand when I go to the start menu and into the status screen I see a blank portrait where link should be. How can I fix this problem. Everything else in the game runs perfect.

I'm using project 64 1.6 w/ jabo's direct3d8 1.6

OP
J

Jihad

Here's my settings. I get the best graphics quality and it runs pretty much smooth. But still the menu thing. Help me please.

ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME/ MAJOR’S MASK
Graphics plugin: Jabo’s Direct3D8 1.6
-window resolution: 800x600
-full screen resolution: 1280x1024 32-bit 72hz
-full screen sync: Triple buffer Vsync
-anisotropic filtering: 16X
-full-scene antialiasing: 4X
-brightness: 100%
-Super 2xSai textures: check
-Always use texture filter: check
ADVANCED SETTINGS: Copy framebuffer to RDRAM

BTW: how do you save screen shots?

Last edited:

frogsoblivious

I would like to know how to fix this problem also. I get a white rectangle where Link should be.

You save screen shots by using the print screen button on your keyboard. Then paste it into an image editor.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Hmm...yes, I can confirm this problem with Jabo 1.6. Every combination of settings I tried got the white rectangle. I even turned off AA, AF, triple buffering, and enabled Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM to no avail. My graphics card is a Geforce 6800, using 81.95 drivers. This has to be a bug in the plugin or something.

Clements

It's working fine here with 81.95 WHQL and both the D3D6 and D3D8 plugins. Probably a driver thing, so remove old drivers > reboot > install new ones, or try older drivers.