What's new

N64 on the Dreamcast

Ryoko

Is it possible to port over Project 64 or any other N64 emu to the Dreamcast.

Surely the DC can cope with the graphics and speed that the N64 needs.....

Is anyone planning to test a port over.

Sure hope so...it would rock :pj64: :D

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
there was a fake n64 emu for DC about 2 months ago, but as I said, it was fake. The system would only be able to load roms that are under 64 bits, so only those older games (Mario) would be able to be played.

Tho I like the DC so, i dont believe that we will ever see an emu for N64 running on one, its just not a good way to spend your time. ???

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Project64 is using 4 to 64MB RAM for the ROM, and 4-8MB for the RDRAM, and 20-50MB for the main compiler buffer, maybe another 3MB for the rsp compiler... where are we now.. 31-125MB and thats not even including video and audio plugins... DC has what 12M? 16M? total.

Smiff said:
Project64 is using 4 to 64MB RAM for the ROM, and 4-8MB for the RDRAM, and 20-50MB for the main compiler buffer, maybe another 3MB for the rsp compiler... where are we now.. 31-125MB and thats not even including video and audio plugins... DC has what 12M? 16M? total.

thank god i bought another 256 stick not long back :D

Prezhulio

not here much but

well i emued mario wave race mario cart and i think it was second castlevania on dreamcast bout 3 months ago. and everyones right Dreamcast is not meant at all to run emus

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Re: not here much but

Prezhulio said:
well i emued mario wave race mario cart and i think it was second castlevania on dreamcast bout 3 months ago. and everyones right Dreamcast is not meant at all to run emus

you did what?!

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Re: not here much but

Prezhulio said:

sure ya did *wink wink*;)

Josep

eyerun4phun
seriously sounds like bs to me but o well;) It would be cool to have n64 on dc though, i mean why not? Im kinda of confused with smiff's explanation though, what do you mean exactly smiff? I'm kinda lost, and saying emulating n64 on dc is a waste of time, then emulating in general should be a waste of time if your not even going to try the possibilites!:) I'd love to try but i don't have a clue where to start, i haven't learned jack diddly when it comes to programming, but a little longer explanation about how most n64 games won't work on dc would be nice smiff:) if you don't mind, i'm just really interested in why no one hasn't done it yet...

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
It's not that hard to understand. The Dream Cast hardware lacks many of the the things that the Nintendo 64 has that cannot be emulated. Basicly. (Like RAM)

Prezhulio

no bs

Unfortunatly i payed about 300 bucks for somethign off the net (auction) that only ran those three games and quite poorly i must say (i.e. 10 seconds equals 1 minute) so i guess i was incorrect i to put "i emued...." rather someone else emued and i used

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Re: no bs

Prezhulio said:
Unfortunatly i payed about 300 bucks for somethign off the net (auction) that only ran those three games and quite poorly i must say (i.e. 10 seconds equals 1 minute) so i guess i was incorrect i to put "i emued...." rather someone else emued and i used

this is interesting... details please