What's new

Mario Sunshine (new pics)

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
yah I saw on IGN. he sure likes to tease us. I liked the old water in the sun better. but whatever.

Remote

2fast4u said:
they look kinda blury :( look at these pics!! man, they SUCK!!! :cry:

It is diffucult to get a fair impression of anything form #2 screenshots, let me guess you do not like the color the have chosen for the sky... And if someone would have said that they were from the X-Box, there would be no crying nor complaning.

Remote

His senses... With the release of Super Mario 64 they revolutionised the videogame industry, they approached another dimension and now everyone is expecting them to release another ground breaking product, which will repeate history. All dimensions are used, and he can not create another even if he wanted to... so instead of concentraring on realism he is giving us emotions. The next time we will see Mario we are in for a treat, if you like graphics go and buy yourself a X-Box, or even better a PS2... It is poeple like you who will bring this industry to it's knees, not economically but in the sense of fun.

Shiguero Miatamoto

A problem is that people seem to demand realistic graphics from software: I'm not convinced that by relying on this the game can be any good. I'm not sure if it's the whole world demanding realistic graphics or just a limited number of gamesplayers, but some developers are in the mind-set that they feel threatened by the world into making realistic gameplay right now.

People like you...

Shiguero Miatamoto

What role does realism play in videogames I ask myself. Is this image more interesting? Sometimes.. however, what if a "detailed" hand with 5 fingers is catching a bottle but the fingers pass right through it? Is this still realistic? Rather than to show each meticulous and tiny detail of a finger, it is more important to make the end action look more credible by working on the movement and functionality of the arms and the hand in relation to the object.

I think we are on to something here...

Shiguero Miatamoto

It would be simple to develop a sequel to Pikmin. (Jokingly) All we would have to do is change the story and make new maps, right?(laughter). I am currently working on something completely different, but you will never see black Pikmin! (laugh).

I guess we wont be seing any sequels...

2fast4u

Remote said:

It is diffucult to get a fair impression of anything form #2 screenshots, let me guess you do not like the color the have chosen for the sky... And if someone would have said that they were from the X-Box, there would be no crying nor complaning.

completely wrong. i dont care wot system its on but the gamecube should be able to render better gfx than that. seriously, just coz its called xbox its not great automatically and i dunno wot makes u say that.

Remote

2fast4u said:

completely wrong. i dont care wot system its on but the gamecube should be able to render better gfx than that. seriously, just coz its called xbox its not great automatically and i dunno wot makes u say that.

Yes, it is able to render better graphics then that but they have chosen not to, for obvious reasons... And that was exactly the point I was trying to make. And regarding the X-Box that is not the opinion most people seem to share...

2fast4u

Remote said:

Yes, it is able to render better graphics then that but they have chosen not to, for obvious reasons... And that was exactly the point I was trying to make. And regarding the X-Box that is not the opinion most people seem to share...

in a way we saw the same with ssb: melee. but wot mainly disturbs me are the bright colors and the viewable pixels. in my opinion its not a problem to have childish gfx but gfx that look 2 years old are. plus i dont share ur opinion on the style of the gfx. the zelda gfx looks different, namely the colors.

flow``

flow``
HEH!.. talk about some shitty AA on his tenticle thats sticking up where it curves on the left side

looks so similiar to mario64 gfx wise

Remote

They are definetely work in progress, and similarities exist but is that a bad thing?

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
i have to go against you this time remote. if the graphics are going to be the same on the GC as they were on the 64 then what is the point of the GC. people are mad because they are spending all this money on a system to get the same graphics and game play.

OP
Z

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Even newer pics show that Mario will indeed rock

Nuff said just look at the pics :)