PDA

View Full Version : Latin Lovers

WhiteX
September 10th, 2005, 05:26
IŽd like to make a public group for latin americans at emutalk, mainly brazilians
but i dunno how and if possible to have one forum with portuguese and spanish languages enabled, what can be done on the behalf of these requests.:bouncy:

Jakob
September 10th, 2005, 05:48
It's an english speaking board, if we let people speak portugese, then all the swedes will insist on speaking their jibberish language:D, not to mention the dutch;P

Of course, that's just my opinion

WhiteX
September 10th, 2005, 06:03
a very nice one, i´d have to say that a portuguese forum was above my expectations but i really like a public group.

2fast4u
September 10th, 2005, 12:01
this has been discussed before :) i see two problems with this kind of a multi language forum...

a) it would be nearly impossible to moderate since the staff cant cover all languages
b) it would form separate communites within the community on behalf of people prefering their native language which i dont think would be good in general

WhiteX
September 10th, 2005, 14:58
so we ditch the multilanguage thing, what about the public group?

Jakob
September 10th, 2005, 21:42
so that we could easily pick out the brazillians and ban them? I dunno, sounds like a good idea, maybe worth looking into;P

WhiteX
September 10th, 2005, 21:45
you´re evil, why would you ban brazilians?

Miretank
September 10th, 2005, 21:48
run WhiteX, run! :D

WhiteX
September 10th, 2005, 21:52
no, i wont run, i´ll stay!
Viva zapata, viva chiapas, viva mexico, viva ulisses guimaraes, viva o pit bicha, viva la revolucion!

Miretank
September 10th, 2005, 22:14
Viva zapata, viva chiapas, viva mexico, viva ulisses guimaraes, viva o pit bicha, viva la revolucion!
pitbicha and that pit bitoca! long time not hear about! looool!

*edit: i think Jakob does not like brazilians cause he is from argentina cheers for River Plate or Boca Juniors :evil: just joking hey :)

WhiteX
September 10th, 2005, 22:19
but it got unanswered, how about my public group?

xneoangel
September 10th, 2005, 23:36
I like the idea.
Viva los latinos. :icecream:

Trotterwatch
September 11th, 2005, 10:34
Your best starting up your own group. The troubles in having these groups have already been mentioned: Fragmentation of the community and difficulty to moderate

arnalion
September 11th, 2005, 14:08
It's an english speaking board, if we let people speak portugese, then all the swedes will insist on speaking their jibberish language:D, not to mention the dutch;P

Of course, that's just my opinion

Jibberish language! Swedish rules!

:D

Allnatural
September 11th, 2005, 15:28
youŽre evil, why would you ban brazilians?
'cause Brazil seems to produce a disproportionate number of Dragon Ball Z fans. That's good enough reason for me. ;)

Miretank
September 11th, 2005, 18:39
you also forgot to mention Pokemon :P

WhiteX
September 11th, 2005, 19:31
ok, i´ll ditch the public group thing also, i am now asking a mod permission to run a contest for a small flag or distinctive symbol to be used on sigs by the latin ppl on emutalk, for the sake of reference and recognition, can it be done?

Allnatural, we also make pretty good digimon fans.

zAlbee
September 11th, 2005, 20:54
we used to have a tiny flag under each user's avatar, as long as the user entered a country in their profile. it was nice, i wouldn't mind seeing that back.

WhiteX
September 12th, 2005, 01:48
Little flags for all the ***s!...oops, i am no ***,...dup!
:happy:
seriously now the little flags are alright, can we have them back?