What's new

Latin Lovers

WhiteX

I´d like to make a public group for latin americans at emutalk, mainly brazilians
but i dunno how and if possible to have one forum with portuguese and spanish languages enabled, what can be done on the behalf of these requests.:bouncy:

Jakob

evil *******
It's an english speaking board, if we let people speak portugese, then all the swedes will insist on speaking their jibberish language:D, not to mention the dutch;P

Of course, that's just my opinion

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

a very nice one, i´d have to say that a portuguese forum was above my expectations but i really like a public group.

2fast4u

this has been discussed before :) i see two problems with this kind of a multi language forum...

a) it would be nearly impossible to moderate since the staff cant cover all languages
b) it would form separate communites within the community on behalf of people prefering their native language which i dont think would be good in general

Jakob

evil *******
so that we could easily pick out the brazillians and ban them? I dunno, sounds like a good idea, maybe worth looking into;P

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

no, i wont run, i´ll stay!
Viva zapata, viva chiapas, viva mexico, viva ulisses guimaraes, viva o pit bicha, viva la revolucion!

Miretank

Lurking
Viva zapata, viva chiapas, viva mexico, viva ulisses guimaraes, viva o pit bicha, viva la revolucion!
pitbicha and that pit bitoca! long time not hear about! looool!

*edit: i think Jakob does not like brazilians cause he is from argentina cheers for River Plate or Boca Juniors :evil: just joking hey :)

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Your best starting up your own group. The troubles in having these groups have already been mentioned: Fragmentation of the community and difficulty to moderate

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Jakob said:
It's an english speaking board, if we let people speak portugese, then all the swedes will insist on speaking their jibberish language:D, not to mention the dutch;P

Of course, that's just my opinion

Jibberish language! Swedish rules!

:D

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

ok, i´ll ditch the public group thing also, i am now asking a mod permission to run a contest for a small flag or distinctive symbol to be used on sigs by the latin ppl on emutalk, for the sake of reference and recognition, can it be done?

Allnatural, we also make pretty good digimon fans.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
we used to have a tiny flag under each user's avatar, as long as the user entered a country in their profile. it was nice, i wouldn't mind seeing that back.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Little flags for all the fags!...oops, i am no fag,...dup!
:happy:
seriously now the little flags are alright, can we have them back?