PDA

View Full Version : Vanit's Goemons Great Adventure Project

Vanit
September 10th, 2005, 00:18
I've started work on retexturing Goemons Great Adventure. So far I've redone most of the font, a few ground textures and most of Goemon's facial expressions.

Here's a few pictures and there will be more to come.

*Update - 4 November, 2005: Beta 1 released! Includes everything I've retextured so far.

The Dave
September 10th, 2005, 01:07
Not bad. Make the text you did more bold, so it matches the original better, and capitalize Wiseman.

aibrubusfosusej
September 10th, 2005, 01:13
Wow. Never heard of it. Is it any good?

Clements
September 10th, 2005, 01:17
If you liked the Snes Goemon games, you'll love it, it plays just like them.

xneoangel
September 10th, 2005, 01:23
Those screenies look pretty cool. :party:
Yeah this game is reaally good i liked it a lot when i played it on my N64.

Vanit
September 10th, 2005, 03:14
Thanks for the support guys.

*fixed the W for wiseman (the font w didn't fit so I drew my own in and it turned out too small, I made it bigger now)

And heres a few pictures Goemon's new expressions in action.

xneoangel
September 10th, 2005, 03:47
Those textures look pretty good but (there's always a but :evil: ) Goemon's nose looks weird it looks like he has 4 holes in his nose.

Vanit
September 10th, 2005, 06:11
I'll consider redoing his nose, but its so much work. Anyways I just finished reclothing Goemon.

loopsider
September 10th, 2005, 06:30
Wow. Never heard of it. Is it any good?

Just like the first Mystical Ninja for N64, this one is insanely addicting and thoroughly captivating. Don't know why it doesn't have much of a fan base either, it was among my favorite n64 experiences.

Vanit
September 10th, 2005, 06:41
Just finished reclothing Wiseman.

loopsider
September 10th, 2005, 06:48
nice!

Krackpipe
September 10th, 2005, 11:42
Just like the first Mystical Ninja for N64, this one is insanely addicting and thoroughly captivating. Don't know why it doesn't have much of a fan base either, it was among my favorite n64 experiences.

yeah, i love this game, 2 and 4-players modes can get really hectic!:bouncy:

goemon's clothes looks great, as does the rest of the pack.

koolkarts
September 10th, 2005, 12:43
It looks great!

Techman
September 10th, 2005, 14:07
Cool, keep it up. This is one my my favourite N64 games.
I'd suggest you bold the text a bit, too.

Vanit
September 10th, 2005, 14:12
New logo!... took 3 hours solid. I gotta fix up the clipping on the corners though.

[ROLO]
September 10th, 2005, 17:13
Great logo man, looks great :)

Vanit
September 11th, 2005, 01:13
I cleaned up the clipping a bit and did the credits at the bottom (I still think the credits look a bit wrong, so I'll play around with styles later on).

The Dave
September 11th, 2005, 03:03
Well yeah they look different and off because they aren't anywhere close to what the original are.

Cleaner text is great, but if it's not the same type it looks out of place.

For example, the copywrite text: The original is sans-seriff with a black stroke. The updated one is a seriff font with a black box bg. It's completely different.

Vanit
September 11th, 2005, 03:24
If you can find the font I'll gladly change it. I'll have a little look around for it myself, and as I said I'd try a few different styles, but for now its not really the most important thing to change :). I appreciate the constructive feedback, keep it up.

Krackpipe
September 11th, 2005, 10:32
The logo looks great, but now i'm confused, my uk PAL cart has this title screen:

http://alpha-emul.net/n64%20images/Mystical.jpg

Googol
September 11th, 2005, 10:57
^^ That's because the name was changed for PAL regions.

Vanit
September 11th, 2005, 11:16
I'm not sure if my mod will work across all regions, I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

Now I've tried to remake part of the main interface starting with the numbers, life and the clock.

The Dave
September 11th, 2005, 20:37
If you can find the font I'll gladly change it. I'll have a little look around for it myself, and as I said I'd try a few different styles, but for now its not really the most important thing to change :). I appreciate the constructive feedback, keep it up.

It's not even a matter of me finding it, it's a matter of you paying attention. Just look at fonts that you have, you probably have 20 fonts that look closer to the original than the one you used. Try something like Impact.

Vanit
September 12th, 2005, 00:31
Almost finished with the interface and I tried making the credits again with the Impact font.

radorn
September 14th, 2005, 11:00
^^ That's because the name was changed for PAL regions.

The deal with goemon games is that no region has the same name.

In japan they are Ganbare Goemon (wich is something like "Fight, Goemon" or "Go for it, Goemon")

USA has the Goemon Adventures, or something like that, titles

And in PAL regions it is Mystical Ninja, Starring Goemon, which comes from the fact that Goemon is The Mystical Ninja.

Yes, I love these kind of translations too :happy:

jeffkong
September 15th, 2005, 00:53
Great work

though will these high res textures work with the Japanese version as well?

because the Japanese one has a nice intro that was cut from the other regions

Vanit
September 16th, 2005, 02:48
I'll probably track down all the rom varients and substitute the new textures in.

vdig
September 16th, 2005, 11:51
Will you be able to solve the problem with the underwater scenes? For example, during the first stage of world 2, screen three, where you have to run through an underwater pipe. The graphics just don't work. What plugin would you use and with what settings? I refuse to hear you say "use wireframes".

Vanit
September 22nd, 2005, 03:55
Been a while since I posted an update so here's a few things I've done:

*Updated graphics for Goemon's pipe in the interface
*Updated the 'fire fiend's' goofy face
*Updated Impact's bullets (among other things not shown)
*Nearly finished Sasuke's expressions, though for some reason they won't load ingame
*Updated the button command list for Miss Impact
*Re-did the Command Centre for Miss Impact (Enemy HP, Coins and Fuel)

Unusual_Rex
September 22nd, 2005, 22:24
Sweet!! Nice going Vanit.

[ROLO]
September 22nd, 2005, 22:34
It's looking great man :)

Vanit
September 23rd, 2005, 01:11
Here's a picture of the now basically completed inside of Miss Impact, with updated numbers, skulls, icons, cursor and new +10coins graphics.

EDIT: And here's the new animated cursor for choice selections!

Vanit
September 24th, 2005, 01:21
Just finished redoing Yae's weapons.

Vanit
September 24th, 2005, 04:57
I've just finished redoing the weapon icon's for Ebisumaru.

3x3cUt0r
September 24th, 2005, 13:51
looks good so far, keep it up :)

Krackpipe
September 25th, 2005, 12:39
Wow, it actually looks amazing!

MasterPhW
September 25th, 2005, 13:37
Just finished redoing Yae's weapons.
Sorry, but in my opinion it doesn't look like a weapon it looks a little bit like a toy for womens...

arnalion
September 25th, 2005, 13:50
Sorry, but in my opinion it doesn't look like a weapon it looks a little bit like a toy for womens...

:D

[ROLO]
September 26th, 2005, 04:15
hehe, maybe you should sharp the sword's edge a little bit

Lord Darkstorm
November 2nd, 2005, 23:08
*reads djipi's thread*

So...let's see some new screenies :D

Vanit
November 3rd, 2005, 01:35
As I said in the other thread, I'm mostly focusing on Sin and Punishment for the moment. However, in a few days I will release what I've done so far as a beta release and I'll continue with this pack once I've done with Sin and Punishment.

Morkai
November 3rd, 2005, 10:01
.. nice to hear that you continue your work .....

Lord Darkstorm
November 3rd, 2005, 19:21
Superb.

Propa McGanda
November 4th, 2005, 03:41
You need to make the grass on that first level semeless on the left and right sides, or else it will have lines like it does there.

Vanit
November 4th, 2005, 08:24
I've taken the grass out since then, but yes I'll make it match up a lot better when I redo it.

Beta released, check the first post for the download.

Vanit
November 5th, 2005, 22:36
Maybe people haven't notice since its been a day and a bit since I released it and only 6 people have downloaded it. So again I'm saying check the first post for the download.

[ROLO]
November 8th, 2005, 04:00
Great man, I'm going to download it

Krackpipe
November 9th, 2005, 22:09