What's new

A tiny feature request

zdasher18

I know it sounds stupid, but could the next release put the diffrent types of saves (.eep, .fla, .mpk, .sra) file types in Windows Explorer so if you browse your save folder, you would see the file "Super Mario 64.eep" and under it would be "P64 EEPROM Data" and give each type an icon, or give them the icon of the rom chip in the shell32.dll file? Just for a nice touch?

PalmTree

Those changes are quite easy to do yourself, but I agree, It would be nice to have other file types associated besides the ROM files.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
we generally only add features if they're going to be useful to many people

1) seperate folders per save type
not useful to many people?

2) associate icons with save types
not safe, extensions may be used on users system..

now if you want to be able to load a rom by clicking on a save, i'd have to think about that.. (?)

OP
Z

zdasher18

Good point on the file types belonging to other apps. I actually did make those "cosmetic" changes on my system, just for the heck of it. I would like to see icons though, so that if a user chooses, he can put icons to those files. (One of the worst examples of extntions belonging to other apps is the IFO files from downloaded archives, Microsoft makes it open system information.) I don't care if double clicking them opens the rom, i just think it would look cool. Prehaps a forum user could create those icons, or they could be put as resources in the Project64.exe file.