What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Paper Mario

Xavious

I'm not too experianced with how to do a full graphics replacement scheme but i love photoshopping things and wondered if anyone was interested in starting up a paper mario HUD upgrade? perhaps after that we could go through and redo some of the textures? not sure really, just wondered if anyone was interested in paying homage to this great game.

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I think someone could rip textures from paper mario 2 and use them in a hires-textureproject for Paper Mario 1 :p.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
There were two packs, actually. Djipi did one and some other guy did one, it's too far back for me to remember. Paper Mario is an excellent game to retexture, because all the characters and some world objects are just textures, meaning you can make it look almost as good as Paper Mario 2. The previous retextures worked out beautifully, and I wouldn't mind seeing a revival. Go for it!

Dejital

The one guy that started a pack when Hi-Res first came out just did the Mario texture, he just replaced Mario with the PM2 Mario, without the walking animation. I haven't seen Djipi's though.

j234

I made a few textures for Paper Mario in PM2 style, but it didnt get very far (see pic).

Djipi also made a PM pack with the postman, peach etc. but switched to cel zelda instead.

OP
X

Xavious

wow... that pic rules man.
the thing that puts me off this project is that the game looks pretty much completely different using 2 different graphics plugins and would it not seem like too much work setting up the project for every major plugin out there?

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
^^ Rice's plugin is the only plugin as of now that even supports high-resolution textures. Orkin's plugin, Direct64, will have support for it in its next release along with cel-shading and a form of Truform. So, no.
And it is a lot of work to get the support for high-res textures; Orkin has been working on it for months, even with the help from Rice. So don't expect too much, too soon.
Still, hopefully a project for this great game can be revived or continued - as shown, it can really make a difference.

[ROLO]

Your Boss
wow that pic is incredible!, could you please post the pack (even if it's small) with the stuff you did for this game? and if you have Djipi's stuff post it also ;) thanx

Nelde

i try to improve paper mario, too. it doesn't seem to be diificult, but it surely needs a lot of time...
but where can i find original paper mario 2 sprites?

Nelde

of course, i googled, but all i found were some unused paper mario 2 sprites...
i know, that i ones saw a huge sheet with tons of pm2 sprites, but where ???

Nelde

well... thanks, but it's not quite that what i needed.
what i'm really looking for is something like this:
pmttydlakilester058fn.gif
+
pmttydlakilester082cg.gif
=
pmttydlakilester2dv.png

it's like a jigsaw puzzle :whistling

j234

Here are all the textures that were made for PM.

If someone wants to use them to continue the pack that would be great.

I did do a hi-res Sushie but must have deleted it. Heres the sprite i used if anyone wants to redo it. (it looks fine on screen when it's scaled down a bit).

Last edited:
OP
X

Xavious

how can i start to rip textures out of the game? is it hard? i tryed using the tickbox in the plugin menu to get it to extract it but it didnt seem to work too well...

all this stuff is looking great so far :)