What's new

GC Emu dvd read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Jac3624 said:
Is there a GC Emu that will let me read strait from the disk?
The issue is because no PC CD or DVD drive can read original gamecube discs. The problem isn't the emulator, but rather a hardware problem. Please use a search next time as this has been asked many times in the past.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It's a damn shame. If the discs could be read (even if they are encrypted), emulators could be legitimatized a little bit by using only real discs.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Azimer said:
It's a damn shame. If the discs could be read (even if they are encrypted), emulators could be legitimatized a little bit by using only real discs.
And thus also make piracy alot easier for the common n00b.:p

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It wouldn't make things easier for a newb. You failed to realize how Gamecube games are not playable without some mod to the GC; either hardware or software. If you are able to get the GC to accept games, you are already able to rip the games from the GC anyway. So there is no difference. *tip toes around piracy topic* Lets end it here unless you have a non descript way of talking about this furthur.

OP
J

Jac3624

For one I am no n00b. It does suck that there are no emus that do read from the disk. The way I've read it on an FAQ there is no reason for the emu since you have to use a GC to get the game to your pc in the first place. Unless you use a p2p program.

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Jac3624 said:
For one I am no n00b. It does suck that there are no emus that do read from the disk. The way I've read it on an FAQ there is no reason for the emu since you have to use a GC to get the game to your pc in the first place.
This process actually isn't as hard as it seems. If you're determined, it's quite easy to dump images of yyour own GC games.;)

OP
J

Jac3624

You see that the problem, if I had GC thn why would I need an emulator? I use meulators because I don't want to buy the system.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Jac3624 said:
You see that the problem, if I had GC thn why would I need an emulator? I use meulators because I don't want to buy the system.
You've got the completely wrong idea as to why emulators exist. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: emulators are SUPPLEMENT and NOT replacements for the real console. If your intentions are otherwise, then you're in for a nasty surprise.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
You also have the wrong idea about our community. We don't embrace piracy or console alternatives. Many of us own the console and all the games we play on the emulator. I treat it more as a hobby. I haven't played a single game on an emulator. I do the exact opposite of your intentions. I often buy the games I've tried on an emulator. My Nintendo 64 collection went from 4 games before Apollo to a much more significant 50 afterward. If you support the companies who provide the consoles and the games to play, more will be available in the future. We don't and will never condone cheating the copyright owners. If you disagree with me, you may as well leave emutalk. I am not the only one with these views.

Status
Not open for further replies.