What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta - High Res - Majora's Mask

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
mdta & Djipi's - High Res - Cel Majora's Mask

This is just a little work in progress, not even sure if it will become a full pack. I am trying to go for a style which is not entirly true to the original, differs itself from a High Res OoT (I always thought they were too similar, same fonts etc...)

I am only planning on doing an english pack, and with my new graphics card I am able to dump textures from this game myself.

Now this is open to all if anyone wants to contribute textures etc. I can do Interface bits, and fonts, not so hot at the realistic or natural textures.

Anyway here is a customary set of 10 screens showing my changes so far.

If anyone can advise a way to make the letter spacing better please do, I do intend to make the rupee numerals smaller, they get cut off on the timer...

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I have done the logo bits, and the firey outline bits of the logo, I'm sure there is another tile which controls the fire's pattern, does anyone know what tile that is, I cant figure it out...

Last edited:

V99

pwner
Thats one sharp looking logo you got going there :D

If your doing MM, you should team up with MuhMuh =P

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I like the logo very much, but i think the rest of your work doesn't fit in somehow, but well, the letters I did don't fit in either, so do what you want :D.
@V99 I think he should not team up with me, 'cause my project is dead :p.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Well I thought you were trying to do a high-res version which is close to the original, I am trying to move away from the original myself...

If you want, I could help you out abit with the fonts, give me your AIM or Email address over PM, and I can help you out with the original fonts, like I helped with Federelli's Pack.

I am using the same font throught the game, rather than the various different version in the original...

MuhMuh, Do you know what the tile is for the fire effect animation. I have the outside glows and the logo bits itself, just not sure what tile animates the fire.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Hi, Today I decided to tackle the opening menus, but of course I am ditching the Ocarina of Time rehashed stuff, in favour of new ones, I decided to do something different for the menu...

The colours are a result of hours of testing to get them right...

Last edited:

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Heya, I'm happy someone cares for this great game :)

Hm, I have to say, though, I like the near-original Fed-Project as well as Djipi's project better ...
You know, in principle, I think it's good and interesting to do something "new"...but I think it will be damn hard and time consuming to make progress that way...and in the end everything won't fit together too well and the people working on the project will give it up...

You know what I'm talking 'bout?
Anyway...always nice to see some professional work here :)

Mollymutt

You never fail to amaze us djipi! The cell effect on Epona looks awesome. BTW your screens look great too mdtauk. I've never played this game, I guess I'll wait until this pack is finished.

Im Bored

lol@censors
Ace, your doing this in WW too? I have something you might be able to use. I did start doing the same thing for MM myself, but unfortunately Its too big a job for me and Id never get anywhere...but this is what I made. Feel free to use, if you want, though you wil be able to do better. Ive only done small parts of clocktown, and Snowhead. (Where you warp to.) I did a few icons too, but they are not credited to me; they were just taken from the OOT project (again, I only intended to use this for myself, so I wasnt worried about permissions, and it shouldnt matter now if you are doing the project, as the graphics are used in one of yours already, if that makes sense?)

Like I say its not much but Itd be silly not to post it.

And mdtauk, I am liking your hires MM stuff : D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Thanks all !
I hope we can (MDTauk ans me) Make a new experiment with Cel Majora's mask!!!

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Djipi said:
Thanks all !
I hope we can (MDTauk ans me) Make a new experiment with Cel Majora's mask!!!
I hope so! But please first finish the Ocarina of Time project!