What's new

Many, many problems...

The Phantom

Let me start off by saying that before I downloaded version 0.7.0, 1964 at least worked.

Well, I downloaded 0.7.0 after seeing that Conker's Bad Fur Day worked- who knows, maybe the vocals aren't as scratchy as they are in PJ64. Well, when I would try to run it, an error window would come up saying something about an unhandled exception 10 times. I know that's kind of vague and that's probably not what it said, but I haven't been able to reproduce the error apart from the 3 or 4 times that it happened. Another thing worth noting is that I would click on "OK" and it would disappear, then reappear again instantly. FYI- it was an error generated by 1964, not Windows.

When I would try to run Donkey Kong 64, nothing would happen whatsoever. Just a black screen in 1964. No errors or anything.

I then put 1964 aside until this morning, when I tried to run a game that was known to work even with version 0.6.4, that being F-Zero X. Well, after a little bit of experimenting, I found that it wouldn't display anything (just sound) until I went into Full-Screen and went back into windowed mode. Odd.

I restarted 1964 again, and now I'm suddenly finding that it aborts with an Illegal Operation error just after loading a ROM. Needless to say, unless I can get this sorted out, I'm going to eagerly await PJ64 1.4.

FYI, my specs are as follows:
1.2Ghz AMD T-Bird processor
256MB PC133 RAM
GeForce 2 GTS 32MB
SB Live! 5.1
40GB 5400RPM HDD
And much, much more.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
don't threaten the authors ok, it makes not a jot of difference to them if you use 1964 or not.... have you tried clean reinstalling 1964?

OP
T

The Phantom

Good lord!

Man, Smiff, chill out. Yes, I would consider clean reinstalling 1964, if only I knew how. Then again, I'm probably going to be railed against by you after you read this post, because I don't know everything and am not held in a God-like status.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there should be a file in ur 1964 folder called something like "Click to Uninstall 1964.reg" - try that.

adi

get out of my house
Yeah, I get pop up boxes such as '1964 has caused an error in 1964.exe' as well. It seems to happen the first time I try to load a rom but it isn't picky about what rom I choose. Restarting 1964 fixes the problem for me, but I don't know why it happens in the first place.
PS. It seems to occur most frequently with goldeneye. All my roms are goodn64 verified.

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
For the "1964 has caused an error in 1964.exe" error, either disable register caching, or if it is zipped, extract it. I used to have the same problem.

OP
T

The Phantom

Registry script?

When I double-click on "Click to Uninstall 1964.reg", Windows tells me that it's not a registry script and can't be installed. Any ideas?

Glurak

I attached an reg script which should work (zipped cause I can't attach *.reg files ;)) the main difference between this one and the one included with 1964 is that the one included in 1964 has binary data in it (regedit 5 format) and therefor is larger. however both do exactly the same ;)

if u wanna do it manually delete the following reg keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1964emu
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1964emu_064
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1964emu_065
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1964emu_070

(that's what the script does directly copyd n pasted ;))

sk8bloke22

roll for life
u shouldnt post stuff like 'if u dont fix im moving to pj64'. its ridiculous, most people hav both emus anyway. if one of the other members cant help you, a more advanced member like rice/schibo or smiff give a try.

i would delete the enitre 1964emu reg folder, as it probably got mucked up by instaling over old versions. happens in many programs including pj64. delte all information in ur system of 1964, i.e its folder and reg keys. re-install in a fresh folder. if uve still got a problem then its something else.

flow``

flow``
one thing that might help is deleting all registry keys pertaining to 1964 _and_ jabo's plugin, nrage's, and whatever other plugins you might be using.
the easiest way to get rid of the plugin reg. keys is just to uninstall pj64 1.3 doing a "remove all versions" which will probably solve your problems

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh, forgot about that. delete any thing u see concerning the plugins and 1964 in the registry. this way everything is resetted.