What's new

Vibration with the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2?

anotheruser

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to take advantage of the rumble feature of Logitech's cordless rumblepad 2 controller when using project64, without having to go through the stupid software interface that comes with the controller?

Acorn

You MUST install the logitech drivers for the rumble to work - but you don't have to use their little buttonmappy interface thing, or even have it open.

OP
A

anotheruser

Is there any special set up in P64? I have installed the drivers but I didnt experience any forcefeedback when using P64...

revgen

I bought both the Rumble Pad 1 and 2 and both work fine for me with the NRage plugin. They don't work well at all with the default.

You need to configure it with the logitech drivers first though.

OP
A

anotheruser

I checked and you are correct, it seems the Nrage plugin does come with project 64...Ive configured my controller plugin and have made sure to select the logitech controller, checked the "controller is plugged in" button and set the drop down menu to "rumble pak"...I can figure out how else to get the forcefeedback to work...do you have to configure the nrage plugin specifically and if so, how? :huh:

Acorn

In the controller config, select "DX Joy #" where # is the number of the gamepad you want to rumble. Oh, and make sure that rumble is working period first, in Control Panel/Game Controllers, properties of any, with the Logitech's every time you press any button in this screen it should rumble.

OP
A

anotheruser

I've verified that the controllers do infact rumble, I make sure to test on games that have force feedback...but I'm not seeing anywhere to select "DX Joy #" under the controller config...all I see are options to program each button and select what Game device is being used...what am I missing?

revgen

3)

Now you need to configure your pad. Just click one of the functions on the screen and then press the button on the game pad that you want to go with that function.

The "Modifiers" tab is not necesessary to configure.

Make absolutely sure to SAVE YOUR PROFILE when you are done.

I hope this helps.