What's new

video flickers with donkey kong 64

piothepio

i tried rice's new plugin and jabo's 1.6 and it stil flickers.
P4 2.6 GHz w/ HT
512 MB DDR
NVidia GeForce 4 MX 440 64 MB w/ AGP 8X Drivers: 77.77

Could it be the drivers?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
if your talking about the tris sticking out of the main character, it seems very rare for me especially with Sync game to audio on..

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Does that reduce the tris glitch, Neko?

Edit: Yes, it does... but as a nice side effect it also destroys the timing in cut scenes. :p - I didn't see any tris glitch while I was playing though.

Last edited:
OP
piothepio

piothepio

it still occurs every now and then, is there any other solution. i love this game and i think it deserves to be played perfectly ;)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Best you can get right now is Project64 on the default settings, the cutscenes have perfect timing, you get a little of the Tris effect (polygons sticking out sometimes) but it can be ignored...

da1writer

1964 has a few fixes to a few games that still bug PJ64... here's a list:
1.Rat Attack(U)- PJ64 for some reason runs hella slow... but 1964 runs great!
2.Donkey Kong 64(U)- PJ64 tried to supply a work around with the polygons poping out all over the place (Audio syncing the game)... it still exist though. 1964 has no problems whatsoever, give it a try and you'll see :)!
3.International Track and Field 2000 (U)- PJ64 has slow downs everywhere in this game... as for 1964, it runs the game... as i said before... perfectly!
4.Misc. Games run better on 1964 than PJ64 and it also has internet play.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm still a huge fan of the PJ64 Emulator. I just recently joined the forums to help with the misc. problems that occur with some of the games/roms that run via on PJ64/Beta RDB/plugins. I only use 1964 for only 3 games, which i numbered above (points 1-3) ...