What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Just wondering

Mollymutt

I read all the videogame mags, and I've seen articles on the emu scene in them. I think I read an article on the Zelda mod that got shut down by Nintendo a while ago. I was thinking weather we should e-mail some screenshots of some of the best work that's been done here. I think that djipi, fed, md and others deserve to get all the publicity they can for their awesome talents. But do you think the big "N" would try to shut us down too? Just wondering...

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Mollymutt said:
I read all the videogame mags, and I've seen articles on the emu scene in them. I think I read an article on the Zelda mod that got shut down by Nintendo a while ago. I was thinking weather we should e-mail some screenshots of some of the best work that's been done here. I think that djipi, fed, md and others deserve to get all the publicity they can for their awesome talents. But do you think the big "N" would try to shut us down too? Just wondering...

Considering it involves the usage of ROMs, I'd say there would be a 50/50 chance of getting into a bit of trouble legally. On the other hand though, you're not editing the ROMs themselves, plus you're doing your own work on the game externally.

There's two sides to the coin as far as I can see, it all depends on which side the people see. :\

Dejital

If anybody sends anything to Nintendo, there may be a possibility that Nintendo will shut down Emutalk, which is no good. Nintendo will most definately want to shut down the Hi-Res projects, and the only way to get to them is to shut down this whole message board.

OP
M

Mollymutt

I'm not talking about sending anything to Nintendo. I'm talking about Electronic Games magazine, or Gamepro.

Trotterwatch

There is no possibility of Nintendo shutting down Emutalk - everything discussed and downloadable here is 100% legal.

And if Nintendo did want the Hi-Res projects gone (which I don't think they could order that) then it would simply be a case of closing the one subsection, and not the whole message board!

Dejital

Sure this site is legal, but companies don't always understand that... LucasArts ordered the shut down of ScummVM which is a program that emulates DOS games, and LucasArts thought it was redistribution of their software.

As for Nintendo, big N has recently shut down Dual Soft's Super Smash Bros. DS website, which had nothing at all up for download, only a few renders of characters. Nintendo outlawed all fan games, every single one of them, and this could very well be considered a fan game by those who aren't sure what it is.

Tjalian

Mollymutt said:

If you're talking about OoT 2D, it wasn't shut down by Nintendo.

There was no OoT 2D to begin with, he had next to NOTHING. The fact it appeared on EGM was by pure chance, an editor just happened to find a pic of OoT 2D, and photoshopped it on to the GBA.

TRM contacted EGM about his screenshot on their cover, and so he got an interview.