What's new

30-FPS not possible?

Mordrach

I hope this doesn't seem like that dumb of a question, but all I've found are discussions on how to increase frame rate in N64 games. My question is how to DECREASE the framerate to the "standard" 30-FPS, because many games are unplayable at the 60-frame speed. Maybe it's just me, but I like to be as accurate as possible with emulation. Has anyone figured out how to throttle the FPS to half-speed? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Mordrach, the total newbie.

Techman

Nolifer
I laughed at your post.
The FPS this emu shows means Fields Per Second and one of those is like 0,5 Frames Per Second. So the emulator runs at 30FPS. :homestar:

OP
M

Mordrach

Interesting...

I did not realize that that was what FPS stood for here. However, I'm pretty sure that it's not running at the proper speed for N64 games, because the music plays twice as fast as normal, and the polygons move too smoothly/quickly to be standard N64 speed, so I guess the real question is, how do I slow down Project 64? I've already got the speed limiter on, but it's still moving too fast to be properly emulated. When I change the CF value, that does absolutely nothing, too, it appears. :( I hope this clarifies what I'm talking about...
Mordrach, still a complete newbie.

Allnatural

If the counter reads 60 VI/s (50 VI/s for PAL) then the game is running at the proper speed, despite your perception.

Allnatural

Glide64 and Rice's plugin have on-screen counters that will show you the actual framerate for each game.

da1writer

To slow down your game... enable "sync game to audio" in the default Audio plugin, under Audio options...