What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Unable to read ini file from disk?

skrilla

Hello,

after placing BMGLibPNG.dll in the project64 1.6 folder

and RiceVideo.dll and RiceVideoDbg.dll in the plugins folder,

When i go to settings to change the video [graphics] plugin option from Jabos to Rice's video plugin 6.1.1 beta 10, i get a box pop up saying:

Unable to read ini file from disk

Can anyone help me and tell me what this means, as when i load a Rom, it loads all the textures, but simply had a black screen with hardly anything visible.

Thanks very much.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Yeah, that's because you are msiing the Rice.INI in your plugin directory... should be into the newest zip archive.. redownload it and unpack it into the plugin directory

OP
S

skrilla

hello, that seemed to work but now i get just blackness after the textures have loaded:

nm1.jpg

there is very little textures too

nm2.jpg

do you know what that problem could be?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
skrilla said:
hello, that seemed to work but now i get just blackness after the textures have loaded:

nm1.jpg

there is very little textures too

nm2.jpg

do you know what that problem could be?
Mmh... what game you want to run?
And what for a gfx card you have?
Try to switch from directX to opengl mode and vice versa and probably change some other things... hope I could help.

OP
S

skrilla

Hi, firstly, thanks for helping out.

The games WWF No Mercy, i have tried switching from Direct X to Open GL, but the only change i seem to notice is on OpenGl mode its just completely black.

My gfx card is S3 graphics ProSavageDDR, which i updated with the latest driver.

Do you know of any settings in particular that could help run it?

Thank you

drewmaster

MasterPhW said:
Yeah, that's because you are msiing the Rice.INI in your plugin directory... should be into the newest zip archive.. redownload it and unpack it into the plugin directory

When you said to redownload it, what are you referring to? I have the same problem that skrilla had, I need to know exactly what you mean.