What's new

Help Newbie Plzzz!! =]

PCesar

wassup?! im having some problems using PJ64. . the first problem is: when im goin to iniciate a ROM (Mario Tennis) a message shows up :"I need to add more code in GenerateSectionLinkage cause this is goin to cause an exception.". . . . . :yucky: and the other problem is what we call an artifact(graphics distorcion, ill see if i can post some screenshots, if ya guys tell me how =P ) well thats all. . .see ya'll later "homies"

PCesar

dukenukem

lord freiza
never heard of a message like that before,have you tryed changing the ucode is it or whatever it's called that let's you switch like protect-memory or whatever.Try switching that around. Also could you post your computer specs.

OP
P

PCesar

hm. . .well, my PC:

1.3 GHz
384mb RAM
FX5200 64bits ( i had the same video card, but 128bits. . its cooler stoped and toasted while playng BF2. . . :bye3: )
40GB HD

and how do i get to that option youre talking about?! see y'all later homies :term:

WhiteX

PCesar dude, clean reinstall the emulator, to see if it will help with
the message you get.
If you are using pj 1.6, mario tennis have some known issues, mostly graphic, and you should see if their description matches your problems. If they do, you can try another video plugin to TRY and see what you can do, otherwise, wait, my friend.

OP
P

PCesar

you're right, i reinstalled PJ64 and the message stopped, i guess the message was because i went high on graphics ( was trying to resolve the graphics problem ) and i have PJ64 1.6
do you think that if i install an older version of PJ64 will resolve the graphics problems?
thanks for your attention,see y'all later homies

Last edited:
OP
P

PCesar

here is a screen of some of the graphic issue:

by the way, i tried installing the 1.5 version of PJ64, i continue to find more artifacts =/

installing an other type of 64 emulator could help?! is there any you could recommend to me?! thanks for your attention, mate!

Last edited:

snesmaster40

Did you even see the note? It's says plugin issues or something. Anyway, I think the GameFAQ has some settings that you should enable to make it look better, apart from that... put up with it

WhiteX

snesmaster40 said:
Did you even see the note? It's says plugin issues or something. Anyway, I think the GameFAQ has some settings that you should enable to make it look better, apart from that... put up with it

He is right, emulation is not to be presumed perfect, sometimes we have to settle for some problems instead of buying the real thing, i advise you to go to the plugins section and dload a few ones and play along with them, you may find very useful tools among them.
Better luck next time.

OP
P

PCesar

i already changed the video plugins a few times, and changed some graphics, resolutions and advanced settings. The message that was showing up was because i changed the settings ( could be an option that i turned on/off) trying to resolve the graphics problems ,1 problem lead to another. If the problem was the plugin, i wouldnt be posting on a forum.

OP
P

PCesar

WhiteX said:
He is right, emulation is not to be presumed perfect, sometimes we have to settle for some problems instead of buying the real thing, i advise you to go to the plugins section and dload a few ones and play along with them, you may find very useful tools among them.
Better luck next time.

I know its not to be presumed perfect, i used to play Super Smash Bros, had a bit of graphics problems too, but it played perfectly after some changes of graphics and resolution. At first, i thought about changin my video's card driver, but all other PC games seems to be playing normal, so i guess wouldn't be worth it to do all that work cause of one game. =/

OP
P

PCesar

I just resolved the problem,the problem was "normal blending" , the black squares are gone, but what should be there isn't (3 bomb guys)
well, anyways, thanks for the attention of all =]