What's new

resident evil 2 problem

da1writer

The Fmv movies can be seen if you use a 3rd party plugin and the only one i have found so far to make it work is Glide 64 v0.8 Wonder. Place the plugin in the plugins folder and paste glide3x.dll outside the plugins folder. Here is the download:
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/downloads.php
To get the screeching noises to go away, grab Azimer's 0.40 beta audio plugin.
It replaces the screeching noises with a weird echoing effect. You'll have to hear to understand.

da1writer

Ok... here is how to make it work...
Download the newest plugin:
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/downloads.php
Once unzipped, place glide64.cfg file and glide64.dll(from the plugin folder) inside the plugins folder of PJ64.
Also paste Hacktarux's glide3x.dll(it should be in the folder of the download) outside the plugins folder(ie paste in the pj64's main folder).
I'm using the custom ini settings inside the plugin... so don't fiddle with it unless you know what you are doing. The additional things i put on are for Special Efx- wrap textures too big for tmem. Frame buffer Emulation... smart reading on.
Shouldn't really matter though, I put those on just because...
Make sure your rom has the expansion pak on (go inside options=>setting=>Rom settings=>Memory Size=8mb{Default= 4mb}. Make sure it's 8mb!
I found out that no matter what sound plugin you get... the screeching noises won't leave your head (ear's actually, oooooowwwww!), so grab whatever...
Using Glide64v.0.8 Wonder enables the movies for the game and is the only plugin that has been able to do so. So if you prefer Jabo D3D8 plugin, save when you enter the gameplay and pop the plugin in after...

iceplayer1

Thanks man. The screen is centered, the graphics look a little better, and the movies play. Still a little glitchy though. Also still having no voices at all. Any solution to that?

ok..It's almost 5 am and i cant find a way to play resident evil 2 in my n64 emulador
I haven64 emulador 1964
and when ever i try to play redient evil the image is all screwed up.. i can get to the main menu and start up a game but all i see is my character getting attacked by zombies in a shitty sorroundings that look like rainbows with burning fire. i also can shoot and walk but there is no point because i have no sound and i dont know were the crap im going.. plz some one help me

Ps: i also downloaded the glide64_08 (v. 8 or .8 w/e) and i dunn know what to do with anything and its frustrating...!

and i also get an error message about my pc not being able to play GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension so plz some one help me download that or w/e i have to do

Last edited by a moderator:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
check release notes for Glide64 0.8 for solution.
download mupen 0.5.1 and run RE2 with it to have good sound.

da1writer

I just noticed something on another thread of Rock-On-Dude...

Rock-On-Dude said:
where can i download these:

GFX plugin: Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6***** (specially this one)
Audio plugin: Azimer's HLE Audio v.0.55.1 Alpha RS Fix
Controller plugin: M-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a

Do you even have the newest Project 64 (Newest is Version 1.6)?
If so did you also grab the beta RDB, it fixes certain issues you know?
Also to give you a note, the plugin I mentioned to see the video and hear the voices of them, Glide64, is not used During Gameplay. I use the default plugins exception to Azimers sound plugin...

Last edited:
:yucky: WHERE CAN I GET THESE THINGS???:yucky:

GFX plugin: Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6***** (specially this one)
Audio plugin: Azimer's HLE Audio v.0.55.1 Alpha RS Fix
Controller plugin: M-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a

yea i have project 64 1.6 i just cant play resident evil 2 the image looks like a tv with out signal and my character and like 4 zombies eating and jumping over me and i can shoot and move but i dunn know were im going

Yay i kind of fixed it! i caqn now see the background and all.. graphics r a little bit shitty but now i have 2 little robelms
1 the game wont take up all the space it has like a rectangle on the side that is useless even when i put it full screen
2 the controlls r fucked up witch r the best controlls set up?

Last edited by a moderator: