What's new

Jabo's plugin 'can't be found'

TimmyTheTooth

I've been trying for the past hour to figure this out, but can't.

I try to run Project 64 1.6, and it says the plugin couldn't be found, but then a box pops up showing them, and it has an 'About' button right next to them. I thought the plugin was supposed to come with Project64, but apparently not. And after two boxes pop up telling me about checking my driver for support of directx, this pops up "Direct3d failed to initalize Error Code:8876086A"

I JUST WANT TO PLAY N64 GAMES ON MY COMPUTER! SHEESH!

snesmaster40

Hmm... that direct3d problem is common, you could use the search function to find the answer.

Oh and posting your specs may help.

Oh and check the plugins folder to be sure that Jabo's is there

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
TimmyTheTooth said:
I've been trying for the past hour to figure this out, but can't.

I try to run Project 64 1.6, and it says the plugin couldn't be found, but then a box pops up showing them, and it has an 'About' button right next to them. I thought the plugin was supposed to come with Project64, but apparently not. And after two boxes pop up telling me about checking my driver for support of directx, this pops up "Direct3d failed to initalize Error Code:8876086A"

I JUST WANT TO PLAY N64 GAMES ON MY COMPUTER! SHEESH!
Please use the Search Function on emutalk for this. You will find the Board abundant on this subject as well as possible solutions... Also post your computer specs.
WhiteX said:
:plain: There is seriously no need to bump a thread like this, please stop it. People wil answer when they answer.
snesmaster40 said:
Hmm... that direct3d problem is common, you could use the search function to find the answer.
Oh and posting your specs may help.
Spot on! Great answer.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
it doesn't say "can't be found." it says "default or selected plugin is missing or invalid" - after you're told the plugin didn't initialise. If the default plugin can't start, that may because your computer doesn't support DirectX8, and that would make a DirectX8 plugin invalid for the application to use on your system. i.e. get it working or choose another.

think about this please, the errors are not the easiest to follow but they do make sense.. especially after the plugin has told you it failed to initialise.

in short: getting annoyed with us won't help as it's a problem with your system.
most likely you just need to reinstall the newest DirectX and video drivers..

Last edited: