What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda beta revived

soniclink2

i´ve seen how a lot of textures are added to zelda64 thanks to rice´s plugin, and to many re-texture authors like Djipi and Federelli. How about using textures from the very old zelda64 beta pics?, like megaton hammer before his change, old kokiri sword, and others.

it feels so great to play a game that has a lot of possibilities and ways to enhance the graphics to be a great gaming experience

keep up the good work!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
soniclink2 said:
i´ve seen how a lot of textures are added to zelda64 thanks to rice´s plugin, and to many re-texture authors like Djipi and Federelli. How about using textures from the very old zelda64 beta pics?, like megaton hammer before his change, old kokiri sword, and others.

it feels so great to play a game that has a lot of possibilities and ways to enhance the graphics to be a great gaming experience

keep up the good work!
Yeah... nice idea, but you would need some really good versions of these textures...
why don't you ask in a zelda retexturing or pm one of the great texturer?

OP
soniclink2

soniclink2

Djipi said:
i can help you too if you would like help and if you have dump or ideas!

all i have are some images from web pages and i don´t know how to dump, i was thinking if someone has this images with better quality (like scans from game reviews or magazines

OP
soniclink2

soniclink2

what about remaking on a graphic prog like photoshop? im giving you this image look at the buttons i think they can be created on photoshop.

and one question: it´s possible to change the map texture to make ie very realistic like some zelda pre-released images?

The Dave

Well in the third picture the HUD is pretty much what is in the game now. In the first two images, the graphics that make up the "A" and "B" buttons would be simple to make, but you can't recreate that HUD exactly because there is no C-Buttons and all we can do is change textures.

Also, I would like to know what you mean by: "and one question: it´s possible to change the map texture to make ie very realistic like some zelda pre-released images?"

If you mean a better, more realistic looking version of the game, then check the hi-res thread.

OP
soniclink2

soniclink2

The Dave said:
Also, I would like to know what you mean by: "and one question: it´s possible to change the map texture to make ie very realistic like some zelda pre-released images?"

in this image you can see that in some part of the development of the game the map was "realistic" or kind of topographic. i just wondered if the map could be modified

The Dave

Oh that. Well it's technically possible it can be recreated, it would be insanely hard and take up a lot of time for something that really equates to a gimmick.

OP
soniclink2

soniclink2

Djipi said:
Here's the First Beta Texture

WOW! that´s great! looks incredible imagine that: old wall beta textures, can this be included on a dump? also i have dumped the hyrule field map i wish that it can be modified to look topographic (that would be awesome!)

there is one image of that shows the "topographic map" from zelda pre-eleased version

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I'm NOT asking for the the rom, but there's a beta version rom? Or Just codes for the normal Ocarina of Time?

nitroid

"The only Beta ROM that was ever publicly accessible was the Zelda 64 cartridge used at the Space World convention in 1997. This cartridge allowed you to visit Link's house, tour Hyrule Field on Epona, see the castle from the outside, and take a look at a simplified version of Zora River. You could also fight two Stalfos, Ghoma, or King Dodongo, and explore three different dungeons (presumably Dodongo's Cavern, the Deku Tree, and Jabu-Jabu's Belly). There was another one on display at an E3 convention, but it was one very close to completion and had little beta material remaining."

"Sadly, neither of them are available anymore, and there was no opportunity for people to download the data off of the cartridge onto a computer. All of the beta material still exists, but it currently is stored in Nintendo's archives and is inaccessible to anyone without the proper authorization. Unless a wonderful miracle happens, this material will never be released in full form. Somewhat strange, really... think of how great of a marketing technique that'd be!"

- From the website Zelda's Secret Ocarina

It would be really cool if they made the beta Ocarina of Time downloadable for Nintendo's upcoming Revolution. It ain't gonna happen though. I think game devolopers usually don't want to show preliminary versions of their games, it's like showing an unfinished painting.

mots

dumbass
Why don't we start a petition to make nintendo release one of the betas on the bonus disc of Twilight Princess? (Sorry for my English, I'm a 14-year-old Austrian) :D

Zeytok

soniclink2 said:
WOW! that´s great! looks incredible imagine that: old wall beta textures, can this be included on a dump? also i have dumped the hyrule field map i wish that it can be modified to look topographic (that would be awesome!)

there is one image of that shows the "topographic map" from zelda pre-eleased version
a small example of "how they can look" just to show you... :)

Last edited:

The Dave

Except that I wouldn'tknow how you would do one for every map without recreating the area in 3d and putting the camera high above the area.

And no petition or anything will get Nintendo to publish the beta. You need someone with Archives access to steal the cart... not gonna happen. (While this magical man is there he might as well steal the art files and we can have uncompressed textures.)