What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Another idea to N64 games enhacement

This is a god idea?

• YES, even with the separation

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • NO, I prefer the huge ones

Votes: 54 68.4%

• Total voters

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Legend of Zelda OoT/MQ small and original buttons

Hi! there.

I'm not an English speaker/writer (but I can read it pretty good)
so I don't going to employ to many words on this:
¡¿why don't make "smaller" on–screen indicators!?

Maybe I'm not the only one who believe that they make use of to much space and I think... if a new texture is made with the exactly same image but large transparent zone (more width and height) ¿this could work?

Certainly I hope that I make myself understand :party:

_|_ (( SALUDOS! ))
^^ _|/
\_/

Last edited:

The Dave

I know what you are trying to say, to resize an image and create transparent margins around it so the HUD on some games is smaller. Well the placement of the textures means there would just be more padding around hud items, and it would look awkward. It may work for somethings, and for the most part not work for others. It would be quite the experiment, but I don't know how productive it would end up.

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Archnemon said:
--Spanish--
Vaya, eres español,no?Tu perfil dice que eres de león...añádeme al msn si es verdad: [email protected]
Off-topic: No, I don't. I'm Mexican (actually, I don't ever hear about a Guanajuato state in España). And if you don't dislike this, maybe we should write in the official language of the forum ;)

jamesyfx

It could work..

If you play around with where exactly the stuff is going to be within the transparent area.. you might just be able to get away with it. :p

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Yohoo! It works!! ... ^_^ ...I'm just looking where to put the screenshots, give me a second (((EDIT: Ready, n_nU, I was in quick reply mode))). The only trouble that I have was where to find the texture for the items. Oh, and just in case someone may ask it, still is in development.

The screenshots was taken with...
Project 64 v1.6
Rice Video plug-in 6.1.1.B10
My PC in Windows (you can see the specs in my profile)
No any other "hi-res" texture.
No anti–aliasing.
No anisotropic filtering.
...and the weird things are because of my low end 3D-card!

By the way, I only think to do this for The Ocarina of Time and The Master Quest.

SALUDOS!

Last edited:

Krackpipe

All that space does look a little weird, maybe you could try and put them all closer together in the corner, though i doubt that it would even be possible.

I like the concept though it is quite distracting the way it is now.

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Krackpipe said:
...I like the concept though it is quite distracting the way it is now.
nnU Actually, I'm doing this because I think that of the original way: his size make it so much distracting :plain:

The Dave said:
Since the three buttons share the same files you can't position them.
Exactly, the C-buttons are piece of cake and it's possible to move the items but the position will change for all of them together and appear outside of the button.

Oh, by the way... I will go to resize almost everything on the menu to make it fit even when many objects never appear on screen during game; this is just to see the result and for my own enjoy (yes, of course that I plan to share no matters if nobody want this XD).

WIP: Right now I'm in the chase for the "big boy" items.

SALUDOS!

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Damn!, I just started to do exactly the only think that I would like to avoid: manual and old–school image edition... but the Navi icon was too small to may "reduce" his size in the same way and remain with clarity on screen (te N64 takes the same texture of the others buttons and zoom-out).

I think that someone can tell me this isn't a waste of time, jojojo... the mini icons looks pretty cool, didn't?

SALUDOS!

Quvack

Personally I dont think it suits it at all, it would probably work a whole lot better if it were possible to make the textures closer together, but its not possible so it just looks awkward like that.

I_love_Link

I actually like this idea, on my PC it's hi res and the buttons and stuff look a little chunky. If there was a way to shrink them AND still have them in a manner that looks correct (not all spaced out, it just looks strange) then this would really be something I would go for! Keep up the good work!

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
I_love_Link said:
I actually like this idea, on my PC it's hi res and the buttons and stuff look a little chunky. If there was a way to shrink them AND still have them in a manner that looks correct (not all spaced out, it just looks strange) then this would really be something I would go for! Keep up the good work!
Yes, nobody are agree with the separation. But I must say that I've been playing with this mod and certainly this became some kind of familiar.

Okay, it is time to release some of the mini–textures (everything I got until now XD). Actually this is my way to ask for help to identify which one remains big and think that should be small. If anyone want to help me (even if the idea of mini–buttons doesn't convince you at all) you can: Say me the description, the name (optional) and were did appears or even better, attach the image in the mode *_all.png from the "\Plugin\texture_dump\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\png_all" folder.

The textures are separated because I think that some of them doesn’t look good at all or requires significant changes... in which case, suggestions would be very welcomed. I want to apologize if I'm making use of some texture not created by big-N ...I don't think so, but it could be since I'm using as example the Dijipi's and Federelli's Hi–res' packs for Zelda OoT/MQ.

[spanish] Si dije alguna burrada y alguien de los hispanohablantes lo puede escribir mejor que yo, que por favor me corrija pues sigo dudando de mis habilidades comunicativas en la lengua angla [/spanish].

SALUDOS!

P.D.: I know what you going to say: "¿¡A smaller Navi!?" …¡yes!, ¿why not?

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
After I finished resizing the hearts (remember, right now I only want to IDENTIFY anything that COULD be better-looking during the game if became small) I smash myself against the magic meter because have not an alpha channel (not indexed and not separated or until now I just can't found it) so, the situation is this:

I'm trying to make the alpha channel but certainly I don't get it ...and that’s why I'm ask this to you, it is impossible or just damn difficult? >_<

Anyway, don't like me to much how did it looks but I hate think "this is possible, just I'm not able to be understood it".

SALUDOS!

P.D.: Could any moderator change the name of the topic?, please... I know that start as an idea but now is the only project that got me enthusiastic about (of the others ones, I can't do anything but wait XD).

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
cooliscool said:
I fail to see the point :plain:
Ok, let me try to explain myself.

I was attempting to bring somebody's attention to the green bar (the magic meter) 'cause I was trying to make it look thin ...and I realize that’s not possible: I already found the alpha channel but works like an intensity channel so the area filled with the green or yellow color are kind of constant. In other words, just forget it! T_T

WIP (29-07-05):
-fixed two "actions buttons" and added several ones ("Reel", "Dive", "Drop"...)
-added the "fishing reed" (I don't know how it call in English)
-degrade the hearts to optional
-exclude the magic meter and the "music notes"/maybe later.
-change a few things that I can't remember right now.

One more thing: this is a full-set, not an update, so don't use over the older one but instead. I prefer this way because the images have a really tinny file size.

SALUDOS!

P.D.: Hey, what about with the theme's name?

blue_fAng

A full metal gamer
genial! se ve muy.....raro, pero fantastico

traduction:

-great! it seems........weird but fantastic

PS: I am from mexico too

Codexing

The Xpaniard
Tengo que decir que aunque no me convence la idea de los iconos más pequeños, las notas que has puesto en esa última foto es una de las mejores ideas que he visto en cuanto a el uso de nuevas texturas en el Zelda

I have to say that even tough I'm not convinced by the small icon idea, the notes in that last picture is one of the best ideas I've seen so far in Zelda retexturing