What's new

Graphic Card upgrade

WhiteX

I got now a GeF FX 5200 256MB and i am thinking on getting a new one, my options are:

Radeon 9600 PRO 256MB or GeF FX 5700 LE 256MB

Can you help me, guys?:canadian:

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Here it is way more expensiveand i do not have pci express
i´ll give you the prices:
BigMac Combo (big coke and medium fries): 10 bucks
Radeon 9600 PRO 256MB: 500 bucks
Gef FX 5700 LE 256MB: 500 bucks
GeF 6600 256 MB: 1500 bucks
Clements, on other board the guy told me that bugs and glitches happen more often on ATI cards, is it true?

Clements

I personally do not know, but I've heard from others that ATi drivers have improved greatly and work fine. I'm sure most ATI users will back me up there.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
WhiteX said:
Here it is way more expensiveand i do not have pci express
i´ll give you the prices:
BigMac Combo (big coke and medium fries): 10 bucks
Radeon 9600 PRO 256MB: 500 bucks
Gef FX 5700 LE 256MB: 500 bucks
GeF 6600 256 MB: 1500 bucks
Clements, on other board the guy told me that bugs and glitches happen more often on ATI cards, is it true?
Then you're looking at a bad card. There are cheap ones out there, even for agp, although they are cheaper for pci express.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

I was at tom´s hardware guide and the GeF 6200 is way slower than the Radeon 9600 pro, i got to take care of a credit card issue but i think it will be the ati.

Last edited:
OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Clements, my man, i went to a lot of trouble and tomorrow my ATI will be here, i´ll post the benching results, see ya!

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Just got a PNY Verto GeForce 6600GT (on a temporary basis), and games like Splinter Cell run about 45 to 60 fps at 1600x1200 (it's a freakin' awesome videocard IMO). So a 6600GT is probably your best bet, if you're an nVidia guy that is. I've also heard ATI's cards are getting more and more stable, but I still don't like 'em.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

dragon_rider said:
Just got a PNY Verto GeForce 6600GT (on a temporary basis), and games like Splinter Cell run about 45 to 60 fps at 1600x1200 (it's a freakin' awesome videocard IMO). So a 6600GT is probably your best bet, if you're an nVidia guy that is. I've also heard ATI's cards are getting more and more stable, but I still don't like 'em.

The ATI is on it´s way, i´m kinda of a nvidia guy but i´ll give ATI a shot, and as the website states, now i´m gonna be "Mainstream" A´ight!:term: