PDA

View Full Version : Zelda 2

TopDawn_14
February 17th, 2002, 05:32
Is there any emulator that can run Zelda 2?

CpU MasteR
February 17th, 2002, 06:04
I dont know, Why do people Ask stupid Questions?

1964, PJ64, Nemu, Apollo, TR64.

Please Read the compatibility List for these emus before asking those questions, please? These forums are for people who are having trouble running Nemu...

noctrun
February 17th, 2002, 18:29
Originally posted by CpU MasteR
I dont know, Why do people Ask stupid Questions?

1964, PJ64, Nemu, Apollo, TR64.

Please Read the compatibility List for these emus before asking those questions, please? These forums are for people who are having trouble running Nemu...

the current nemu runs zelda2 only in the copyprotection mode (hearts kill you, inventory is full of the same item)

Ruesselschnurps
February 18th, 2002, 21:36
Nemu RUNS it, but its not a pleasure to play it with it.
If you want to play it use Pj64 or 1964...or Apollo if you got a fast system.

Ogy
February 22nd, 2002, 19:17
Originally posted by noctrun

the current nemu runs zelda2 only in the copyprotection mode (hearts kill you, inventory is full of the same item)

it's not a copy protection the flashram is simply not emulated.

Tesla-Guy
February 23rd, 2002, 01:49
BAH, BAH, and again BAH! That is copy protection... flashram is a method of saving... has nothing to do with the 24 ocarinas on the startmenu .....

Ogy
February 23rd, 2002, 02:14
Originally posted by Tesla-Guy
BAH, BAH, and again BAH! That is copy protection... flashram is a method of saving... has nothing to do with the 24 ocarinas on the startmenu .....

yes it has: it is the cause.

Tri-Force
February 23rd, 2002, 09:17
now your turn Tesla

noctrun
February 23rd, 2002, 20:49
Originally posted by Ogy

it's not a copy protection the flashram is simply not emulated.

it is copy protection for the reason that there is no flashram detected

Tesla-Guy
February 23rd, 2002, 22:18
Are you sure? @ Ogy

Tesla-Guy
February 23rd, 2002, 22:20
it is copy protection for the reason that there is no flashram detected
Flashram isn't detected cauz it isn't supported by Nemu64...

Smiff
February 23rd, 2002, 22:23
Arg. Does Project64 have copy protection circumvention? No, not any AFAIK. Does it run ZeldaMM fine? Yes. BTW, copy protection workarounds (and hence, Nemu 0.8?) may be illegal under the DMCA (anyone thought about this? All emulators may be illegal under the DMCA for all I know, depends how you define copy protection and various other things).

Ogy
February 23rd, 2002, 23:09
yes i am sure Tesla-guy.

i may not know many thing about nemu, i may not know many things about programming, but trust me when i tell you i know about zelda+flashram more then most of the ppl on this board and that's including you smiff.

LaC
February 24th, 2002, 01:45
the reason its full of ocarinas is it tried to load the inventory list from flashram and since flashram isnt there, it loads a bunch of garbage data.
Its not really copy protection. There isn't much copy protection in Zelda:MM, as a matter of fact there is more copy protection in Zelda:OOT.
So for the record, it is not copy protection. Take my word for it I wrote the crack for it ->
http://www.dextrose.com/info/1001dx-z2usc.htm
(and no that doesnt work with nemu)

Its too bad we released nemu 0.7a when we did. Because like a month after the release of 0.7a i emulated flashram, and we haven't release since, woops. ;)

Pj64/nemu8 does have copy protection work arounds. How else do you think the copy protection is "worked-around" ? There a magical cic chip in your pc? ;)
And who cares if its illegal?

gokuss4
February 24th, 2002, 02:11
WELCOME TO THE FORUM LaC!!! and do ya think you can help me out with my prob with nemu? go to my topic that says HUGE problem with nemu...

Ogy
February 24th, 2002, 02:18
Originally posted by LaC
the reason its full of ocarinas is it tried to load the inventory list from flashram and since flashram isnt there, it loads a bunch of garbage data.
Its not really copy protection. There isn't much copy protection in Zelda:MM, as a matter of fact there is more copy protection in Zelda:OOT.
So for the record, it is not copy protection. Take my word for it I wrote the crack for it ->

Its too bad we released nemu 0.7a when we did. Because like a month after the release of 0.7a i emulated flashram, and we haven't release since, woops. ;)

Pj64/nemu8 does have copy protection work arounds. How else do you think the copy protection is "worked-around" ? There a magical cic chip in your pc? ;)

WOW!!, i got the almighty LaC to answer.

believe me lac i know that patch by heart, i spent weeks( which some days of it i sat in front of the TV 24/7) trying to get Zelda MM JAP to work with my n64, in that time i learnt almost everything about FlashRam. i saw that intro of the crack so many times, that i know almost every word by heart (if you don't believe me try me!)
i saw those flying stars and heard that music in my dreams a long time after :D

BTW the patch doesn't work so well on a CD64, EEPROM cart and a DS1(not from bung, from the ufo company) device (sometimes it works and sometimes not), and once on the PAL rom it gave me an AMAZING effect!! really weird stuff.

Smiff
February 24th, 2002, 02:26
yeah i care if it's illegal, make Nemu 0.8 legal dammit - don't sink to PJ64's level!

P.S. please Ogy, use private messaging to fellate emu authors.

Ogy
February 24th, 2002, 02:33
Originally posted by Smiff
jesus Ogy do you want to give him a bl*wjob while you're at it? :p ah sorry, married man ;)

LOL:colgate:

Tesla-Guy
February 24th, 2002, 03:26
Does Project64 have copy protection circumvention? No, not any AFAIK.
How does it run Banjo Kazooie without any problems then?

Tri-Force
February 24th, 2002, 03:28
LOL. Lac is a nOOb :alien:
i fixed that damn facey not showing, it has started getting on my nerves!

Ogy
February 24th, 2002, 04:11
yeah i care if it's illegal, make Nemu 0.8 legal dammit - don't sink to PJ64's level!

ok, smiff that's about enough, FYI i don't think higher of Lac then you, and the whole point of my thread was that i idolize zelda, not lac, but you never did understand me smiff.

flow``
February 24th, 2002, 06:20
smiff: yeah i care if it's illegal
then delete those roms off your hd

*gee gee* :D

oh lac, have you worked on your banjoe tooie crack any lately? :)
i browsed dextrose not too long ago and someone got it to work(?).. i forget the cart combination and it could only be done with a v64jr i think

its been forever though, so im' probably wrong in some aspects of that statement :)

Smiff
February 24th, 2002, 06:23
Originally posted by Tesla-Guy

How does it run Banjo Kazooie without any problems then?

its exactly what LaC was saying, by emulating or simulating the original hardware so the game sees the emulator as the original system. in BK's case (and others), it's not hardware specific to the game.

Smiff
February 24th, 2002, 06:26
Originally posted by Ogy

ok, smiff that's about enough, FYI i don't think higher of Lac then you, and the whole point of my thread was that i idolize zelda, not lac, but you never did understand me smiff.

Ogy, Ogy Ogy Ogy (these little chats of ours are becoming regular occurances ;))

it was a joke. and you damn well should think higher of LaC than me :******:

sk8bloke22
February 24th, 2002, 06:28

haha i love it when smiff rips it.

Mayco
March 3rd, 2002, 15:49

is pj64 illigal?

pj64er
March 3rd, 2002, 20:18
Originally posted by Mayco

is pj64 illigal?

afaik, theres nothing directly illegal with it. but it stays in the grey area.

besides, its a joke. y would smiff be the one to tell u its illegal?

sytaylor
March 4th, 2002, 03:06
Originally posted by LaC

dman that 0.7a release date ;)
j/k when it was released it took the world by storm, heres hoping 0.8 will do the same :)

jvolel
March 10th, 2002, 23:17
Originally posted by LaC

*attempts to give lac a high five misses and lands on his face*

Shinji
March 16th, 2002, 02:44
lol, I've always wondered why Smiff always gets upset or defensive if someone praises Nemu or their authors.

jvolel
March 22nd, 2002, 22:32
ah hes just mad no one praises his emulator......... oh wait then again he isnt an author :blush: :D

Doomulation
April 3rd, 2002, 05:46
LOL, yeah that's right.