What's new

Why does ePSXe only have sound-synch with Eternal SPU?

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Okay, since nobody has responded to my prior thread, I'll rephrase my query in this new one. There's a werid issue with Pete's DSound 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, etc. plugins. What's the issue? The so-called "SPUAsync" option does not work whenever I enable it while using any PSX emulator (ePSXe, SSSPSX, PCSX, you name it). Yet, the odd thing is that the Eternal SPU 1.41 plugin works fine with SPUAsync. Hmmm....does anyone find that weird, saying as ePSXe inherently supports SPUAsync? I think the SPUAsync option in Pete's DSound Plugin (any version past 1.2) is a dummy option, it's just there to trick people; yeah, that's it, right? A dummy option designed not to work on any PSX emulator including ePSXe. I like either plugin for two very different reasons, though. Eternal SPU: SPUAsync actually works with PSX emulators, but I also like Pete's DSound Plugin because it has variable interpolation modes (Cubic, Linear, and Guassian) just like the real PSX. Only if someone were planning on making a SPU plugin that has both interoplation modes (besides Linear) and has a working SPUAsync function, I wound't have pointed this out just now.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Weird... I have perfectly syncronized sound using P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio SPU V1.9.
Maybe previous versions had a bug or something?

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Are you using ePSXe 1.6.0? That's what I'm using and this emulator supports SPUAsync, I know for a fact it does! BTW, how is it that you can synch the sound and I can't with Pete's DSound 1.9?

Allnatural

I don't know what the issue is in your case, but it has always worked fine for me.

Maybe you are experiencing a rare bug. Have you posted this at NGEmu? I don't know if he's been around recently, but Pete is a regular over there.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
It probably is a rar bug, but here are some recordings to let you listen to what I was talking about earlier. The mp3s in this .zip file are from FFIX (battle theme) with me moving the cursor around. I experimented with Pete's DSound 1.9 with and w/out SPUAsync, also the third mp3 is basically the same sounds but using Eternal SPU 1.41 with SPUAsync.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Patient, young padawan. Btw, for FFIX the best sound plugin is actually Null's. It emulates the sound more accurately than any other I've tried. Including pete's that is. But that was some time ago.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Correction about the plugin name: It's PEoPs DSound Audio Plugin 1.9 (dunno if that helps). Both plugins have Sound Synching, but Eternal SPU's is the only plugin that can actually utilize that feature. PEoPs doesn't run the said feature, but it does have Guassian Interpolation whereas Eternal SPU only has Linear Interpolation. If someone can think of a good (recently updated) plugin that has a working SPUAsync and has a Guassian Interpolation filter, any info regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Ah, come on! At least tell me how I can legitimately enable SPUAsync with PEopS DSound 1.9 plugin...!

Allnatural

No one here seems to have the same issue. Have you posted this at NGEmu yet? You're more likely to find help there in this case.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
I already did, but no such luck IMO. I came here to post this thread because I think you people know more about what my plugin issue is. What I want to know is there anything I can do about the issue?