What's new

Saving problems

Adaman

For some reason lately PJ64 (1.6) is being iffy about Saving, which has come to be a big problem. I save using the save feature (f5), and save in the game. Currently playing Mario 64. It sometimes doesn't load where i last saved, when using the load key (f7) or trying to load in the game, which is frustrating :doh:. Saving often works. I save after doing each mission, and sometimes the next time i start up PJ64 i'll be way back from where i saved it from, even though inbetween that time i saved it many times. So it seems like sometimes it just forgets that i even played the previous session, even though i always close PJ64 normally and get no errors. Like i said it only does that sometimes, most other times it'll just load up right where i last left off after pressing f7, as it should always do, but fairly often it puts me like 10-20 save stats backwards. Even if i try to manually load it within the game the result will be the same.

Is this kinda thing a known issue with PJ64? Any ideas how i could maybe fix it?

RattleMan

Avid Gamer
Try not to hold any keys while saving. I just tested this and it doesn't save if you hold the up and right arrow keys and then press F5. Does the "Saved current state to (x)" come up?